Will SCV add any new channels in analog or digital??

• Thread starter Thread starter Satvijay
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 440
  • Views Views: Views 43,634
sathishbabu4u said:
Here in Chennai.. there is no Multiple LCO / MSO ..
we have only one SCV who rules here for last 2 decades
Am not against them , as initially they provided very good service, but their service goes down gradually , and we didn't have any other option.
And most importantly CAS system, which not seen anywhere in the world, is implemented in chennai and still goes on for last 12 years..
we need DAS or no DAS, we don't want CAS..

i do agree scv is not the best here. Im neither for SCV or against it. with the current situation we have no choice either we go with DTH or stay with scv. i have both DTH and cable at my home( with that i feel cable is far cheaper than DTH with so many channels). There is no point in comparing SCV with TCCL or JAK as choosing jak and tccl is not in our hands( even if they give all the paid channels for Rs100) its only in LCO's hand

Satvijay said:
You mean to say those who have STB don't see anything and still the LCO collects money every month?? Digital is not analog where you get detoriated signal.either you get a clear signal or else it freezes completely.

Since i don't use DAS i clearly don't know the issue, some say that there is a lack of sufficient booster issue and most of them say that there is frequent channel missing for days while the same (specifically Tamil) channels are available in Analogue and after a complaint or automatically after a few days the channel returns.

Satvijay said:
Yes, thats the sad part. I wish we have multiple LCO's in the same area. I don't know how it is in Delhi, Mumbai and the others.

We dont have multiple mso anywhere in india, they themselves divide the areas and share. consumers will never be given an option.

And we still call ourselves a Democracy. Provision shops, supermarkets, cloth stores, hotels and all business are available in large numbers and people have no issue, and even if the price goes high people still have no issues as they feel that they get what they want while they can afford it.

While other small and large business can operate peacefully in the same area i just don't understand why people are forced to rely on a single LCO/MSO where ever they go. DTH is completely a different business like veg and non-veg hotels, they have their own customers.

Hope some law comes and prevents the monopolization of this cable tv business as a single player in any business is not fair and only leads a master slave attitude.

Satvijay said:
Even for Rs250 its less when compared to DTH.. for the same in DTH you will have to pay min of Rs500 or Rs400

Yes, i just checked. I just checked with all DTH Brands and my choice costs around Rs 300 - 340 pm (Includes Tamil channels with News, Eng News with Business news, Eng Movies and Infotainment, and Sports Pack) (Sad part is TCCL offers all these choices for Rs 180 :( ).

Satvijay said:
But i think the price paid for the premium freedom service is worth it and hope that when more and more people subscribe DTH cost may come down in future.

DTH is new to india but they are there for a long time elsewhere in the world and still they are expensive so it will never come down.

Yes, price are a bit high when moved to DTH, still if i get a chance i might move it though it would cost me Rs 50 - 90 additional every month.

pearlpearl said:
Since i don't use DAS i clearly don't know the issue, some say that there is a lack of sufficient booster issue and most of them say that there is frequent channel missing for days while the same (specifically Tamil) channels are available in Analogue and after a complaint or automatically after a few days the channel returns.

I think you have some wrong info abt DAS( or may be someone who is giving info to you is giving incorrect info), either you will get proper picture or you will not get any picture in DAS and it will say no signal its not like analogue where you get distorted picture. just write abt analogue here the one you have .

And we still call ourselves a Democracy. Provision shops, supermarkets, cloth stores, hotels and all business are available in large numbers and people have no issue, and even if the price goes high people still have no issues as they feel that they get what they want while they can afford it.
cable TV is in india for nearly 2 decades as far i know. there was never an option anywhere where customer is given an option for chossing MSO and this will never happen

Yes, i just checked. I just checked with all DTH Brands and my choice costs around Rs 300 - 340 pm (Includes Tamil channels with News, Eng News with Business news, Eng Movies and Infotainment, and Sports Pack) (Sad part is TCCL offers all these choices for Rs 180 :( ). yes its a sad part i agree.but its only your LCO can do you cannot do anything.

Yes, price are a bit high when moved to DTH, still if i get a chance i might move it though it would cost me Rs 50 - 90 additional every month. DTH is there for years now in india. the price of DTH has not come down since inception and it will never go down.

In scv analog, earlier 2 places DD channels are came (DD 1, DD News and DD podhigai)
But from last week, SCV removed and the DD channels in the second band, and that places are blank now..Now only one place three DD channels are coming..
All the channel frequencies in prime band is filled by SCV analog (nearly 6 channels are blank) and not allowing LCOs to show local channels and other sports channels

The reason you are getting these 3 channels in two places is because of the Terrestrial transmission of DDK Chennai. You can confirm this if you are watching after 4pm. At that time, you can see DD Podhigai in place of DD National and DD Podhigai will be blank.

If you facing the above now, that means, SCV removed their own channels, and whatever you are getting is from terrestrial transmission. Otherwise, some issue in the terrestrial transmission of DDK Chennai. In case you are receiving DDK signals, you can still view these channels via terrestrial transmission even if your LCO stops signal.

SCV seems following Dish TV logic. Dish is taking channels from DDD+ and SCV is taking from DDK Chennai.

Not at all..
Earlier (nearly 6 months) in that three places, no channels are there and LCO gives Local channel and sports in that place. ( i will watch Terrestrial some time whenever my cable goes off because of current cut in LCO place or line disconnection etc) i have local antenna at my home.
from April , SCV starts giving DD channels in that place additionally (means , already DD channels available in another place).
Now from last week scv giving blank screen in that place. (3 places)
Hope SCV will bring some channels from UHF band to this place , as it did for AXN and movies now on last month.
My LCO removed DD1 (from 1st band ) and giving cricket channel..
I want both, cricket channel and DD1.. it is good scv gives DD 1 in two places as earlier..

sathishbabu4u said:
Not at all..
Earlier (nearly 6 months) in that three places, no channels are there and LCO gives Local channel and sports in that place. ( i will watch Terrestrial some time whenever my cable goes off because of current cut in LCO place or line disconnection etc) i have local antenna at my home.
from April , SCV starts giving DD channels in that place additionally (means , already DD channels available in another place).
Now from last week scv giving blank screen in that place. (3 places)
Hope SCV will bring some channels from UHF band to this place , as it did for AXN and movies now on last month.
My LCO removed DD1 (from 1st band ) and giving cricket channel..
I want both, cricket channel and DD1.. it is good scv gives DD 1 in two places as earlier..
YOu have no option here.. only see what SCV gives.. :wall

Unless all the Chennai people under analogue protest SCV's or the LCO's attitude wont change, but i'm sure that most Chennai people wont do this as they are getting their favorite channels for Rs 100 a month in analogue, i still wonder if the people using analogue will protest even if SCV removes all the channels in analogue and shows only Sun network channels, may be still they would be watching what they are given.

Keep-Moving.jpg

SCV STB ad stopped from today..
Blank screen displayed instead of STB ad..
hoping for some changes.. (Anychange need, got bored with current system)

Back
Top Bottom