Will SCV add any new channels in analog or digital??

• Thread starter Thread starter Satvijay
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 440
  • Views Views: Views 43,634
Magee said:
It's our fate. Scv owned by kalanathi maran had political influence ,Black money and some people blindly support for sun network. Theirs fat is our fate. They won't allow to grow other channels. Even some people addicted to their network channels. What to do?

Yes, Sun network has a political backing and people are addicted to their boring serials and Chennai has no alternate MSO that has a back bone strong enough to challenge them, but this doesn't mean that they can take the people for a ride.

Its seriously not a good one for any business to earn so much public wrath every time even if it is a monopoly like SCV.

HOUSE-MD said:
Yes, all new channels. Had pix been moved to better slots i wouldn't be complaining, but they are spoiling the mood and time of their subscribers who are the main source of income.

Moving channels to new locations every day will not only add to their bad name but also will add to the public wrath.

Does SCV think that people are on a Tv Tuning business that they have to keep tuning their television every time? Or does SCV think that Chennai people are from some sub-saharan regions receiving their service as a charity that they cant complain?

None of the SUN network channels are touched as always.

This hasty move of SCV is to sell some of their STB in a shorter span of time...

Already SCV have closed their website...

I'm expecting Arasu from April,25 itself..(Post elections)

keeping fingers crossed...

:huh:huh

Satvijay said:
None of the SUN network channels are touched as always.

Yes, they never do that which means all these undesired changes are just to benefit these untouched channels.

Also i see Kalaigner network and Jaya network too enjoying better placements and all channels from these networks get preference next to Sun network. Probably both of them pay a hefty placement and carriage fee.

aravindan said:
This hasty move of SCV is to sell some of their STB in a shorter span of time...

Already SCV have closed their website...

I'm expecting Arasu from April,25 itself..(Post elections)

keeping fingers crossed...

:huh:huh

Yes, i too believe so. By pushing English channels to the end they might want to sell left over STB in a short time, but the LCO's doesn't seem to be in any mood to sell their STB's.

I love Arasu and want to have their service at any cost, but lost hopes on them since they are fooling Chennai people for the last 3 years and haven't guaranteed service at any point of time and Chennai Arasu has been just used to make election shows till now but no indication that they are planning to serve Chennai.

I wish what you say happens this month itself once the election gets over.

As a SCV Analog subscribers, we have been paying Rs.100-130 for nearly 40-45 channels for the past 2+years..

So obviously this Rs.100-130 would benefit only those 45 channels..

Out of that 45, Sun group of channels would be benefited majorly in terms of revenue share or viewership wise (since they occupy most of it)..

Sun channels wont fetch this much of revenue if DAS achieved 100% and they would also lose viewership marginally..

Frustration at its peak in SCV Analog....:wall:wall:wall:wall

aravindan said:
As a SCV Analog subscribers, we have been paying Rs.100-130 for nearly 40-45 channels for the past 2+years..

So obviously this Rs.100-130 would benefit only those 45 channels..

Out of that 45, Sun group of channels would be benefited majorly in terms of revenue share or viewership wise (since they occupy most of it)..

Sun channels wont fetch this much of revenue if DAS achieved 100% and they would also lose viewership marginally..

Frustration at its peak in SCV Analog....:wall:wall:wall:wall

If people get Polimer Sun Tv could lose atleast 5% of its viewer-ship and if people get Raj Digital Plus then K Tv could lose atlest 10% of its viewership and Channels like Puthiya Thalaimurai can easily take atleast 60 - 75% of Sun news viewers and music channels like SS Tv and Raj digial plus can take atleast 10 - 25% of Sun Music viewers.

And with channels like HBO, Star Movies etc can easily divert a good part from Tamil movie channels to the English movie channels.

These numbers are normal and not exaggerated as the more the tough competition the more the chances for fewer viewership.

So obviously those who don't want to lose viewers would not want DAS and will do everything to stay with Analogue.

But on the contrary had the MSO given more channels at Rs 100 Analogue pack and the best package at a cheaper cost than other MSO's like TCCL or Jak then SCV would have got at-least 50 - 70% increase in STB sales, but instead they removed and moved channels from Analogue as they wished and proposed costly DAS with selected top channels missing which has resulted in people and LCO's not interested in their DAS package and many moving to competitors DTH and other waiting for Arasu.

chermadurai said:
All mso have all Tamil channel except scv

If SCV stays and if it takes Chennai to DAS then mostly DAS will become another Analogue where many channels will be missing from most packages and some channels missing from all packages.

I think we have around 24 - 26 months for the next state government elections and its still a mystery if Arasu will ever come to Chennai or just continue the same status of "Varum....Aanaa Varaathu".

Back
Top Bottom