Will SCV add any new channels in analog or digital??

• Thread starter Thread starter Satvijay
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 440
  • Views Views: Views 43,634
SCV site down looks positive as one might feel they are getting out of business, on the contrary SCV is adding a lots of HD channels as of now I see they have added 25 HD channels and the list keeps growing day by day. May be they are upgrading their website with the HD packages not sure.. just a guess.

Satvijay said:
SCV site down looks positive as one might feel they are getting out of business, on the contrary SCV is adding a lots of HD channels as of now I see they have added 25 HD channels and the list keeps growing day by day. May be they are upgrading their website with the HD packages not sure.. just a guess.

Points favoring SCV:
1: Holding strong and successful in Chennai even though the entire TN went to Arasu.
2: Still the same channel changes, moving to poor locations shows no worries of losing grounds.
3: Adding huge list of HD channels on DAS.
4: Search for Arasu in Chennai results in "Not Found" status.
5: Last official Arasu announcement regarding Chennai was almost 18 months back.
6: No guarantees from Arasu that they would even come to Chennai.

Points favoring Arasu:
1: Unable to move to DAS for over 18 months.
2: Website offline for very long time and doesn't seem to be returning anytime soon.
3: Arasu entered (or atleast the LCO forced Arasu to enter) Ambattur and some more parts of Chennai.
4: Successful negotiations with mega channel suppliers like media pro which can be used to go CAS/DAS within a short time and provide more channels than the competitors.
5: Stay to stop Arasu from going Analogue.
6: Seems to be desperately moving popular English channels to wrong slots showing a hurry to force DAS.

Overall i think Chennai will have two MSO's until Arasu gets a licence, Arasu for Analogue and SCV for DAS as SCV DAS doesn't show any plans of backing-off .

Daily 2hours black out in SCV Analogue in my area during day time..:angry

My LCO also promised Arasu connection post elections..

aravindan said:

even im facing the same issue, which area you are from?

SCV has added almost all the HD channels currently available in india, including mtv indies, itv select, and baby tv hd. except for the star group channels, like star sports, and star movies and world. till now its 25 HD channels. once star group is added it will easily cross 30. No DTH provider is giving so many HD channels as far i know. may be some other MSO in india provides these many hd channels.

aravindan said:

Even in my Area every day there is disruption of SCV Analogue and the cable quality sucks big time, and after they moved Soxy Pix to the dead-end i don't feel like watching the local cable Any longer.

aravindan said:

My LCO promises nothing, all he wants is money and doesn't give a damn what people think or feel.

Even if SCV removes all the channels he would still say "Buy STB and watch all channels at Rs 200".. and when we request for an STB he would say "Don't get STB now... half the time channels say "No Signal".... so wait for some more time... there will be a big change"....

He just keeps saying different stories for the last 2 - 3 years and just fleeces the people.

Satvijay said:
SCV has added almost all the HD channels currently available in india, including mtv indies, itv select, and baby tv hd. except for the star group channels, like star sports, and star movies and world. till now its 25 HD channels. once star group is added it will easily cross 30. No DTH provider is giving so many HD channels as far i know. may be some other MSO in india provides these many hd channels.

Whats the use if those HD channels are not viewed by 80% of analogue subscribers in chennai..?

Whats the use if those HD channels are not affordable to see for a common man in chennai..?

SCVs ultimate aim is to maintain their sun channels viewership and to sell out their STBs kept in stock...

Its not service but purely a business motto:(:(:(

aravindan said:
Whats the use if those HD channels are not viewed by 80% of analogue subscribers in chennai..?

HD Channels in analogue!! i really dont get what you are trying to say here

Whats the use if those HD channels are not affordable to see for a common man in chennai..?

The package rates for HD channels are yet to be announced so there is no point in saying whether its affordable or not

SCVs ultimate aim is to maintain their sun channels viewership and to sell out their STBs kept in stock...

I am really with you here on this point, their aim is to loot money from customers

Its not service but purely a business motto:(:(:(

I can understand your frustration against scv,anyways even i dont like their business model

Bro..
I dint mean HD channels should be available in analogue..

I said the HD service through STBs should reach every people and should be affordable..

Paying Rs.300+ every month for cable services is not easy for middle & lower class people..

Back
Top Bottom