Zee Sangam drops TEN format; to be national news channel.

• Thread starter Deep.S
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 5
  • Views: Views 1,337

Deep.S

Satellite Expert
Contributor
Reaction score
MUMBAI: The Zee group has a reputation for reinventing itself from time to time.
The latest is Zee Media Corporation’s flagship news channel, Zee News, is all set to get a cousin in the newly-rebranded Zee Sangam, which will be a national channel 16 April onwards. Before this, Zee Sangam was called Zee UP/Uttarakhand.
The new-look Zee Sangam will air 40 per cent news from Uttar Pradesh with the remaining news from the rest of the nation including regional stories.
When contacted, Zee Media CEO Alok Agrawal confirmed that the channel has decided to drop the Terrestrial Entertainment Network (TEN) format that it had wanted to give to Sangam and has now embarked on making it a national channel.
The channel will be available on all leading cable TV and direct to home (DTH) platforms in Mumbai and Delhi.
http://www.indiantelevision.com/television/tv-channels/news-broadcasting/zee-sangam-drops-ten-format-to-be-national-news-channel-140401

Very bad move by Zee then its better to call Zee Uttarpradesh/Uttarakhand again.

Good update Deepak bro now zee sangam will give good compete to other news channels in uttar pradesh&other regions

Does ten netwotk having poor advt rate so want national channel?

but sangam is not suitable name for news.

again 40% up news will eventually cover almost every news rest top headline from national will be coveredn that is what i can say.

just trick to gain popularity increse in advt rate.

Sent from my HuaweiU8300

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock