‘Zing will operate on higher EBITDA margins’

JitendraKumar

Contributor
Reaction score
RC-Venkateish.jpg

Dish TV chief executive officerRC Venkateishis mapping out the company’s new outing. Creating a sub-brand Zing, he is aiming to branch out into an area less associated with direct-to-home (DTH) and more with the cable TV service providers in the Phase III and IV towns of digital addressable system (DAS).

With West Bengal serving as the launch pad, Zing plans to travel the whole ring stretching from Odisha to Maharashtra, Gujarat, the North East and the four southern states. Being the first DTH operator in the country to have two warrior brands, Dish TV is hoping Zing to pocket price-sensitive television viewers who have a strong propensity to consume local-language content.

Feeling that the time has come for DTH operators to take on cable by going regional, Venkateish expects Zing to contribute 30–35 per cent of Dish TV’s total incremental subscriber additions. With content costs being lower, Zing’s EBITDA margins will be high compared to the mother brand.

In an interview with Tele visionPost.com’sSibabrata Das,Venkateish talks about the need for having two brands, the carriage fee phenomenon and the ongoing dispute with IndiaCast.

Read more @ ‘Zing will operate on higher EBITDA margins’ | TelevisionPost.com

Good update Jitendra Bro. Zing Digital is the main competitor of Cable network and MSO's so good start by dishtv.

Not really bro. Every DTH is competitor there is nothing special in zing

dipayan said:
Not really bro. Every DTH is competitor there is nothing special in zing

dishtv is not competing in WB and Odisha now Zing is taking charge so new face new attitude may done the trick for dishtv yes it competes with other DTH also.

Re: RE: ‘Zing will operate on higher EBITDA margins’

Anirudha Das said:
dishtv is not competing in WB and Odisha now Zing is taking charge so new face new attitude may done the trick for dishtv yes it competes with other DTH also.

What difference u see in Zing pack from dish packages? I think only one. Dish has all regional channels in base pack like D2h but Zing has only one regional pack like TS or ADTV though TS and ADTV provide 2 regional pack

dipayan said:
What difference u see in Zing pack from dish packages? I think only one. Dish has all regional channels in base pack like D2h but Zing has only one regional pack like TS or ADTV though TS and ADTV provide 2 regional pack

But you not see the price of package, in dishtv the minimum starter pack price is Rs. 220 and in Zing the minimum starter pack price is Rs. 175, So.

Anirudha Das said:
But you not see the price of package, in dishtv the minimum starter pack price is Rs. 220 and in Zing the minimum starter pack price is Rs. 175, So.

Is south pack not available for ROI ?

dipayan said:
Is south pack not available for ROI ?

No, like ROI pack is not available in South just couple of channels like we get from South.

Anirudha Das said:
No, like ROI pack is not available in South just couple of channels like we get from South.

I was not aware of that. I thought we can choose south pack like we do in case of Tatasky. Then it is OK to have 170 pack.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock