Are you happy with new (2019) TRAI based satellite tv plans?

Are you happy with new TRAI based satellite tv plans?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brother, i am not so much interested in knowing why u r against Free Dish but "or having kids" has raised my curiosity level. What exactly do u dislike about kids, does cleaning nappies bother u or their mischief/habits are difficult to take care of?

If there is some other reason like bad experience while trying ur luck at having it then there are various chyawanprash, tonics to help overcome maritial "issues".

As a caring brother, i am always there to give best advice/help. :)
I don't want to go off topic but i am going to agree with @Dipjyoti Roy here regarding kids. He must have swallowed the "Red Pill" or he's MGTOW. Either way i am glad finally some Indians have a similar mindset like mine. Well that's about it regarding this topic and i won't post anything regarding this further since it's better we make another thread and discuss it there. Hope mods are kind enough to keep these posts and not delete them 😉

I don't want to go off topic but i am going to agree with @Dipjyoti Roy here regarding kids. He must have swallowed the "Red Pill" or he's MGTOW. Either way i am glad finally some Indians have a similar mindset like mine. Well that's about it regarding this topic and i won't post anything regarding this further since it's better we make another thread and discuss it there. Hope mods are kind enough to keep these posts and not delete them 😉

Yes, we have discussions regarding TV/DTH but still don't have watershed hours like them to discuss mature content. So many people can get "required help" if we promote such things.

Maybe we can try also suggesting people tp watch some programs between 11 PM to 6 AM on various channels and increase chances of them starting family life. I guess more people are watching Fashion TV nowadays which shows more family friendly content at present than even Indian Hindi Entertainment Channels. After seeing such stuff some people would be dozing off thus not having interest in having babies.

Waiting to hear from Roy bhai and offer help if needed

Brother, i am not so much interested in knowing why u r against Free Dish but "or having kids" part has raised my curiosity level. What exactly do u dislike about kids, does cleaning nappies bother u or their mischief/habits are difficult to take care of?

If there is some other reason like bad experience while trying ur luck at having it then there are various chyawanprash, tonics to help overcome maritial "issues".

As a caring brother, i am always there to give best advice/help. :)
Nothing, it's just my personal choice. I prefer animal babies over human babies as they are cuter, loyal and less expensive to raise. I intend to have atleast 9 kids one white persian cat, three hamsters and five dogs of 3 different breeds. I already babysit my uncle's Labrador puppy when he is out of town.

Last edited:
I think that still cable operators will not adopt new trai based packs

I think that still cable operators will not adopt new trai based packs
Why not ?
After yesterdays directive the whole exercise to implement new regime fallen flat
First TRAI increased deadline till 31 March ie till elections
2nd The Clause 5, 6, 7 specifically directs not to make big change in the package & bill of consumer who declined to opt new regime either by selecting A la Carte or Packs suggested by DPO !
This new clause is big savior for all consumers who don't want to pay more than what they were paying in old regime and big jolt to Broadcasters and DPOs
https://main.trai.gov.in/sites/default/files/PR_No.11of2019.pdf

Why not ?
After yesterdays directive the whole exercise to implement new regime fallen flat
First TRAI increased deadline till 31 March ie till elections
2nd The Clause 5, 6, 7 specifically directs not to make big change in the package & bill of consumer who declined to opt new regime either by selecting A la Carte or Packs suggested by DPO !
This new clause is big savior for all consumers who don't want to pay more than what they were paying in old regime and big jolt to Broadcasters and DPOs
https://main.trai.gov.in/sites/default/files/PR_No.11of2019.pdf
I think it's impossible to provide same channels at same cost in the new regime. DPOs can't be able to deliver clause 6 for sure.

I think it's impossible to provide same channels at same cost in the new regime. DPOs can't be able to deliver clause 6 for sure.

That's why to escape legal trouble they used the word generally

Clause 6 allows them to keep new price bit higher that than old and most of consumers are Okay with that.
Actual problem is that Both Content makers and MSO/DTH all want to fetch maximum or say highest price of channel.
So with new ruling what i think:
DPO can not blackout consumer connection
DPO have to offer almost same pack with slightly modified rate
Govt wants GST !!
Move to bring new regime backfired as it has created big mess, resentment among most of consumers and huge backlash against TRAI and service providers. Small cable operators also suffered & are facing angry consumers specially tear 2,3 cities where most of people know each other..

What is the logic behind considering 1 HD channel equal to 2 SD channels? As price of some of the SD channels is same as HD channels. Eg Star Plus SD is Rs19.

Price of SD channels should not be more than Rs 10 if they are considering 1 HD channel equal to 2 SD channels isn't it?

Or SD channels which are having its HD should not be charged more than half of its HD equivalent. Eg STAR Plus SD should be Rs 10 and it's HD equivalent 19

I am happy with the new guidelines but implementation is poor. For example I have selected bouquets of Discovery and Sony which are having DSports and SONYESPN-HD but am not getting the same and still don't know if I am being charged for them by D2h. Plus D2H isn't allowing it's customers to select FTA channels while TRAI is mum on this issue. That's blatant violation of its own guidelines. TRAI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clause 6 allows them to keep new price bit higher that than old and most of consumers are Okay with that.
Actual problem is that Both Content makers and MSO/DTH all want to fetch maximum or say highest price of channel.
So with new ruling what i think:
DPO can not blackout consumer connection
DPO have to offer almost same pack with slightly modified rate
Govt wants GST !!
Move to bring new regime backfired as it has created big mess, resentment among most of consumers and huge backlash against TRAI and service providers. Small cable operators also suffered & are facing angry consumers specially tear 2,3 cities where most of people know each other..
Both DPOs and Broadcasters need to work together if that clause has to work. DPOs should reduce NCF and Broadcasters should reduce the MRP of their popular channels, which most people will be having in their old packages. But as @Sarkar bro mentioned, the clause cleverly says "Generally" which will be used to their advantage by DPOs and Broadcasters!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock