Discussion Bad Remote Quality of HD STBs

Direct Tv

Reaction score
The remote of my Technicolor box is draining batteries daily. The same thing happened earlier with my primary connection and i got it replaced. Now it has happened again with my secondary connection.

@Direct Tv . First of all, bad quality of remote has nothing to do with Technicolor HEVC box as they manufacture same remotes for all STBs except internet tv.
Second, how old is your remote?

By the way, airtel has reduced it's remote quality too much. My first remote with Homecast stb worked for 6 years(2010-2016) without any issue. In November 2016, I purchased new remote & again in 2018 I purchased new remote & I think once again I need to purchase new one.
Airtel should bring back it's old quality.

By the way, airtel has reduced it's remote quality too much. My first remote with Homecast stb worked for 6 years(2010-2016) without any issue. In November 2016, I purchased new remote & again in 2018 I purchased new remote & I think once again I need to purchase new one.
Airtel should bring back it's old quality.
Same here my old remote lasted 5+ years. New remote is 1 year old with very little use and already buttons are becoming hard to press. I was using with plastic wrapping so no liquid/dust damage is possible.

Purchased a duplicate remote for 100 Rs rather than paying airtel 150 Rs for the same. Quality is much better than Airtel remote.

Purchased a duplicate remote for 100 Rs rather than paying airtel 150 Rs for the same. Quality is much better than Airtel remote.
Can you post some snaps?
I have seen many online shopping sites showing images of adtv old remote. So, will they give old remote or new one?

Even I am getting problems in my Technicolor box remote. It is not even 3 months old. Sometimes, it does not responds to the button clicks and we need to press the same button again and again. Pathetic remote quality, Instead of cheap remotes they could have given good quality remote.

Last edited:
Frankly i didnt face any issue with remote i think i am using remote from 2009 and still working just only once i have to swap my box due to signal problem. So i am happy with airtel quality dont know abt new quality. But mine is from 2009.

The remote of my Technicolor box is draining batteries daily. The same thing happened earlier with my primary connection and i got it replaced. Now it has happened again with my secondary connection.
Are you using china cell or branded cell ?
I am using Eveready cell and there is no such issue from last 6 months only one time I have changed the cell ;)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock