General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV- For any Help & Issues

Few days ago my Huawei HD+ stb stopped working so I raised a request .. Airtel has changed my old stb with calcomp cardless hevc hd box but the picture quality is not like the old box .. picture looks too white and bright on SD channels.. during the swap installation guy told me this is a media player box .. you can play ur mp4 videos mp3 songs using pendrive .. So yesterday i connected my pendrive which I was already using with Huawei box but after inserting it say first you have to Format the pendrive. I'm unable to access my old downloaded containt on previous box. Also I tried connecting other pendrive .. getting the same msg Format first .
My question is if I format the pendrive then all the content will be deleted then why Airtel calls this box as a media player if we can't play anything without formatting the connected pendrive?

Last edited:
Few days ago my Huawei HD+ stb stopped working so I raised a request .. Airtel has changed my old stb with calcomp cardless hevc hd box but the picture quality is not like the old box .. picture looks too white and bright on SD channels.. during the swap installation guy told me this is a media player box .. you can play ur mp4 videos mp3 songs using pendrive .. So yesterday i connected my pendrive which I was already using with Huawei box but after inserting it say first you have to Format the pendrive. I'm unable to access my old downloaded containt on previous box. Also I tried connecting other pendrive .. getting the same msg Format first .
My question is if I format the pendrive then all the content will be deleted then why Airtel calls this box as a media player if we can't play anything without formatting the connected pendrive?
It supports only FAT32 format. If your current pen drive is in a different format, you can use another pen drive. What do you mean by old downloaded content?

It supports only FAT32 format. If your current pen drive is in a different format, you can use another pen drive. What do you mean by old downloaded content?
Pendrive is supporting this new stb but after Formatting first then I can record and watch..

By downloaded content I mean In last 4 years I have recorded live tv content on my pendrive using old Huawei box is not playing in this box bcoz I'm getting notification to format old content before using any pendrive

Pendrive is supporting this new stb but after Formatting first then I can record and watch..

By downloaded content I mean In last 4 years I have recorded live tv content on my pendrive using old Huawei box is not playing in this box bcoz I'm getting notification to format old content before using any pendrive

So simply cancel that notification. Or maybe there r differences in software hence it might not support content recorded from previous stb. Not sure, i need to go deeper to know the actual cause. Conditional Access System might be different for both

By the way does this box support recording feature? Also brother playing mp3, mp4 videos is a different thing .... Guess it must be having separate ports for recording and just playing content from USB

So simply cancel that notification. Or maybe there r differences in software hence it might not support content recorded from previous stb. Not sure, i need to go deeper to know the actual cause. Conditional Access System might be different for both

By the way does this box support recording feature? Also brother playing mp3, mp4 videos is a different thing .... Guess it must be having separate ports for recording and just playing content from USB
Bro After cancelling notification it doesn't recognize connected usb device .. it says 'to start recording, please connect a pen drive/usb drive with a minimum capacity of 4gb to your stb'.

Yes, this box supports recording infact this is the latest hd hevc box as said by cc.

It has only 1 usb port for usb and recording infact the old Huawei hd+ box had 2 USB ports.

I'm not really sure if your recorded content can be played on this STB. Is there a way you can copy the contents from your pen drive to a computer and then format the pen drive as FAT32, then copy the files back to it and see if it detects?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock