General Discussion & Updates about d2h

Bro just be patient and wait till 31st Jan because from 1st Feb they would have to compulsorily do some channel addition or make some adjustment to some channel packs Dishtv and D2h have quite some problems with channels and channel packs

Thank you for the reply. But however, when I spoke with Videocon today, they told me that no channel addition is being planned as of now. And you are right, once the TRAI rules are implemented, TataSky, with the most number of channels will have a serious edge over the others, in terms of channel coverage.

I strongly sense that d2h will add many important HD channels from big broadcasters really soon, maybe few days before or after 1st Feb.

Under the TRAI Tariff option added in Helpdesk service on STB, they have mentioned A-La-Carte price of all channels and it includes many HD channels which are currently unavailable on their platform.

One can counter saying that they have simply copy pasted rates from broadcaster website but then these r not bouquet details where stating all channels part of it is necessary . There was no need to mention a-la-carte price or info of channels not available with them , either this is result of carelessness of d2h management or they r in process to add these channels for completing bouquet before giving it to us.

I strongly sense that d2h will add many important HD channels from big broadcasters really soon, maybe few days before or after 1st Feb.

Under the TRAI Tariff option added in Helpdesk service on STB, they have mentioned A-La-Carte price of all channels and it includes many HD channels which are currently unavailable on their platform.

One can counter saying that they have simply copy pasted rates from broadcaster website but then these r not bouquet details where stating all channels part of it is necessary . There was no need to mention a-la-carte price or info of channels not available with them , either this is result of carelessness of d2h management or they r in process to add these channels for completing bouquet before giving it to us.
Yeah,Things will be made clear after the removals which are planned.Addition is planned in Feb it seems..

Good News
As you know that on LCN 999 d2h is showing all relevant information about this new order and interestingly they have mentioned Distribution Retail Price too of many channels like Nat Geo Wild HD, Nat Geo People HD, MTV Beats HD, Vh1 HD, HBO HD, Disney HD etc. in it which are currently unavailable on the platform.

Please remember MRP and DRP r 2 different things, DRP is the price at which operator decides to provide the channel to subscribers. If d2h has fixed the DRP of these channels & mentioned the same so it gives further impetus to the fact that new additions r in store.

Also i noticed that Mazahvil Manirama HD is FTA channel. Some people r saying that despite submitting our new pack choice d2h hasn't migrated them to new plan. Well in my opinion TRAI has not made it compulsory to implement these regulations immediately and d2h must have decided Feb 1st as default transition date for all subscribers so that it is easy to pay broadcasters rather than having accounting troubles later.

Lastly, some people r contiuosly complaining that TRAI Tariff Order has made TV bill go up, but what's the evidence to prove this? As far as i see A-La-Carte rates r already down from what we paid earlier and would have been more cheaper if Tata Sky had not blocked 15% bouquet discount rule, bouquet rates r largely affordable and will further come down in coming months, many good channels r now available Free To Air, etc. Infact if we calculate in total after adding all important bouquet then price we will be pay remains almost same as earlier packages. Infact Platinum Pack of d2h which costed Rs. 560 is now costing Rs. 580 and available on their website as platinum hsm base pack. 20 Rs. is hardly any increase and this will also fluctuate up and down on a regular manner.

Currently I using flexi pack 99rs+ hd mega roi 129rs.+ sab tv rs.15 =Total 243 but now its going too much for me for watchig HD channels after new rules. Marathi, hindi, sports, infotainment, all I want are in 129 hd addon but now it cant be.

This should be discouraged by TRAI.Without adding the channels how they are displaying on the website.This will mislead the customers and create confusion and also not ethical on part of operator.If the customer selects the channel and operator does not add later who will be responsible.

Good News
As you know that on LCN 999 d2h is showing all relevant information about this new order and interestingly they have mentioned Distribution Retail Price too of many channels like Nat Geo Wild HD, Nat Geo People HD, MTV Beats HD, Vh1 HD, HBO HD, Disney HD etc. in it which are currently unavailable on the platform.

Please remember MRP and DRP r 2 different things, DRP is the price at which operator decides to provide the channel to subscribers. If d2h has fixed the DRP of these channels & mentioned the same so it gives further impetus to the fact that new additions r in store.

Also i noticed that Mazahvil Manirama HD is FTA channel. Some people r saying that despite submitting our new pack choice d2h hasn't migrated them to new plan. Well in my opinion TRAI has not made it compulsory to implement these regulations immediately and d2h must have decided Feb 1st as default transition date for all subscribers so that it is easy to pay broadcasters rather than having accounting troubles later.

Lastly, some people r contiuosly complaining that TRAI Tariff Order has made TV bill go up, but what's the evidence to prove this? As far as i see A-La-Carte rates r already down from what we paid earlier and would have been more cheaper if Tata Sky had not blocked 15% bouquet discount rule, bouquet rates r largely affordable and will further come down in coming months, many good channels r now available Free To Air, etc. Infact if we calculate in total after adding all important bouquet then price we will be pay remains almost same as earlier packages. Infact Platinum Pack of d2h which costed Rs. 560 is now costing Rs. 580 and available on their website as platinum hsm base pack. 20 Rs. is hardly any increase and this will also fluctuate up and down on a regular manner.
You have got it right bro...

Those are the channels going to get added soon.

Mostly it will get added soon

This should be discouraged by TRAI.Without adding the channels how they are displaying on the website.This will mislead the customers and create confusion and also not ethical on part of operator.If the customer selects the channel and operator does not add later who will be responsible.

Most likely these missing channels will be added, it is important to note that Dish TV was not adding channels last year as they were not happy with more price for agreement renewal being asked by broadcasters, bandwidth concern was not a major problem. So under new TRAI rules neither operator has to enter any long term contracts by paying in advance + broadcasters r freed from burden of carriage fee, Dish d2h will surely jump on channel addition bandwagon as this is extremely important to retain existing subscribers or more so add new ones for increasing revenue.

I am not bothered about addition of popular SD or HD channels as it will be taken care off properly, what is worrying me is how smaller but good channels will manage to stay or land on a platform. Previously carriage used to be a key factor which decided which Free To Air or new channel will find space on a platform and operator provided greater visibility to that channel in return, now carriage fee is highly trimmed or omitted and operator cannot force any channel onto us or even if provides them on complimentary basis then no charges can be levied. I am fearing that channels like 9XO which r good but have limited audience may find it tough to survive or even land on platform.

Good News

Bro, for my parents only tamizh channels enough and they are getting now at price of Rs.125 per month (Senthamizh pack) , so for these we have to give NCF - 154 +99 (All tamizh channels) .If in future all the tamil channels becomes FTA then also we have to shell out price of Rs.154 and no one knows whether this will get increased to Rs.200 after a year or two by TRAI.

It is the opinion of many people that TS is high-class (you don't need to include me), and also that [Dish-d2h have been stagnant in channel addition for years].
Ohh That's the problem.Yes TS is premium(I'm also accepting)but many are not of the opinion that dish-d2h is backward.
Dish-d2h is one of the top DTH players in India now also & that position will be solidified in coming months.👍

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock