DDF Exclusive Tata Sky Service Visit charge revised (increased) from 24 May 2019

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 14
  • Views: Views 4,250

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Tata Sky Service Visit charge increased.

Earlier it was Rs.100, now its Rs.150

I got it from my source, as always he was right and CC has given same info.

Confirmation screenshots:

II8qB3P.jpg

CixeYJx.jpg

az6txVO.jpg

Now this what we call premium cost for premium service.😂😂

last time they came to my home for fixing dish was i guess in 2012. So not sure how much TS will get this way to match that lost profit from their subscribers

last time they came to my home for fixing dish was i guess in 2012. So not sure how much TS will get this way to match that lost profit from their subscribers
For the service they provide, they must squeeze every penny, wherever it comes from! With TRAI leveling the playing field, the only way left for them to charge premium is for service and they are trying to do it. I don't think they will get the entire lost profit though, that's not possible.

For the service they provide, they must squeeze every penny, wherever it comes from! With TRAI leveling the playing field, the only way left for them to charge premium is for service and they are trying to do it. I don't think they will get the entire lost profit though, that's not possible.

But here also they are following TRAI's rule which cap visit charge at 150 rupee. Page 26 https://main.trai.gov.in/sites/default/files/QOS_Regulation_03_03_2017.pdf

So why is it premium ?

Last edited:
So what are they waiting for election results?

But TRAI has leveled the playing field for service visit like you said
My point is, right now, every DTH player is charging more of less the same NCF and same prices for al-a-carte. So for the premium service Tata Sky provides, they can confidently charge at the upper limit per the TRAI rule i.e. Maximum NCF and Maximum for Service Visits etc,. That's how they can differentiate their service being premium. If everybody charges the same, obviously Consumers will move to Tata Sky like it's happening now.

And the service visit cap is @250 per TRAI from the link you shared.

It shall be permissible for the distributor of television channels providing direct to home (DTH) services to charge an amount not exceeding rupees two hundred and fifty as visiting charge per registered complaint requiring visit of a person to subscriber’s premises for carrying out repair and maintenance services:

So don't be surprised if they increase it to the maximum in near future (Squeezing).

My point is, right now, every DTH player is charging more of less the same NCF and same prices for al-a-carte. So for the premium service Tata Sky provides, they can confidently charge at the upper limit per the TRAI rule i.e. Maximum NCF and Maximum for Service Visits etc,. That's how they can differentiate their service being premium. If everybody charges the same, obviously Consumers will move to Tata Sky like it's happening now.

And the service visit cap is @250 per TRAI from the link you shared.

It shall be permissible for the distributor of television channels providing direct to home (DTH) services to charge an amount not exceeding rupees two hundred and fifty as visiting charge per registered complaint requiring visit of a person to subscriber’s premises for carrying out repair and maintenance services:

So don't be surprised if they increase it to the maximum in near future (Squeezing).

So room for more hike :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock