Breaking Tata Sky will provide new Tariff Plans - Discussions (TRAI Tariff Order w.e.f 1st Feb 2019)

Also i think this entire exercise of TRAI should be thrashed out completely by delhi HC. Causing a lot of headache for people who know the new rules and even more for ones who dont even understand a bit

Tata Sky got a breather from the Delhi High Court today as the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) assured that it will not take any coercive action against the direct to home (DTH) operator until 15 January, which is when the matter will be heard next....

Did any Tata Sky customer get any update via sms or e-mail about the migration of plan, or through self-care portal or app ?

Tata Sky got a breather from the Delhi High Court today as the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) assured that it will not take any coercive action against the direct to home (DTH) operator until 15 January, which is when the matter will be heard next....
Delhi High Court said that if Tata Sky was not implementing the tariff order, it was doing so at its own risk. The High Court also pointed out that Tata Sky customers could end up with blank screens on Feb 1 when the existing plans lapsed, in the absence of valid plans.

Staff edit: No need to post on bold and color fonts

Last edited by a moderator:
FTA 130 + abp maza 5 +utv movies 2 +utv action 2 +rishtey cineplex 3 +MTV+ 5 +hD CINEPLEX 5 +SET MAX HD 17 +
SAB TV 19 +MOVIES OK 1 +STAR UTSAV MOVIES 1 +HD STAR GOLD 10 +POGO 6 + ZEE ACTION 1 +zEE ANMOL CINEMA 1 +
zEE BOLLYWOOD 2 + & PICTURES 10 +zEE TALKIES 17 +HD ZEE CINEMA 19 = 256+46 (GST) =302 its good for me after try implementation.
26 DD channels and i select some fta movie and song channels +18 paid channels :)

Also i think this entire exercise of TRAI should be thrashed out completely by delhi HC. Causing a lot of headache for people who know the new rules and even more for ones who dont even understand a bit

Only problem is that Delhi HC just does not has the power to over rule Supreme court vedict.

1 questions if l extend my current LDP Pack by one more year....will I will be saved for 1 year, no need to choose new TRAI rule packs??? This new rule may appear supercially very less priced, but if u want more channels like me, it costlier than the current one.

1 questions if l extend my current LDP Pack by one more year....will I will be saved for 1 year, no need to choose new TRAI rule packs??? This new rule may appear supercially very less priced, but if u want more channels like me, it costlier than the current one.

Let TRAI Tariff Order be put into effect properly before coming to any conclusion. As far as i have studied pros/cons of present and new regime, TRAI Tariff Order will benefit us immensely.

Please remember broadcasters have decided on bouquet prices on a test basis, as months pass by they will further reduce bouquet rates to increase subscription numbers. Market Forces will be at full play, those who give best option they will get viewers and ultimately attract advertiser interest. Also TRAI will try level best to reinstate maximum 15% discount on bouquet rule which will again lead to drastic reduction in a-la-carte prices. Not to forget channel blackout will never happen + channels having useless content will be shut down and broadcasters won't be able to run multiple channels with repeated content which they earlier did by forcing them onto us.

Some people r raising questions over NCF. Well we r currently too paying for different things , just that they have not been stated upfront. Infact if Tata Sky discloses these things then i am sure u will notice that cost incurred for buying bouquet will be quite less and profit margin would be relatively higher than what TRAI Tariff Order stipulates.

After TRAI Order announcement, so many good channels have turned Free To Air and by just paying Rs. 150 we can get access to 74 of these private channels. Presently Tata Sky hardly provides good hindi channels in My99 base pack (1 add on subscription is compulsory with this) but after TRAI Order i can add 9X Music Network, Mastiii, Wow, Sony Pal, many hindi news channels, international news channels etc. without additional cost. Lastly channels like Vh1 cost just Rs. 1 or whole Times Bouquet costs just Rs. 13 and Rs. 15 for SD and HD respectively. Tata Sky charges Rs. 50 just for Movies Now at present and they don't want to give channels at affordable rates to us hence unnecessarily they r stalling adoption of this

Last edited:
Let TRAI Tariff Order be put into effect properly before coming to any conclusion. As far as i have studied pros/cons of present and new regime, TRAI Tariff Order will benefit us immensely.

Please remember broadcasters have decided on bouquet prices on a test basis, as months pass by they will further reduce bouquet rates to increase subscription numbers. Market Forces will be at full play, those who give best option they will get viewers and ultimately attract advertiser interest. Also TRAI will try level best to reinstate maximum 15% discount on bouquet rule which will again lead to drastic reduction in a-la-carte prices. Not to forget channel blackout will never happen + channels having useless content will be shut down and broadcasters won't be able to run multiple channels with repeated content which they earlier did by forcing them onto us.

Some people r raising questions over NCF. Well we r currently too paying for different things , just that they have not been stated upfront. Infact if Tata Sky discloses these things then i am sure u will notice that cost incurred for buying bouquet will be quite less and profit margin would be relatively higher than what TRAI Tariff Order stipulates.

After TRAI Order announcement, so many good channels have turned Free To Air and by just paying Rs. 150 we can get access to 74 of these private channels. Presently Tata Sky hardly provides good hindi channels in My99 base pack (1 add on subscription is compulsory with this) but after TRAI Order i can add 9X Music Network, Mastiii, Wow, Sony Pal, many hindi news channels, international news channels etc. without additional cost. Lastly channels like Vh1 cost just Rs. 1 or whole Times Bouquet costs just Rs. 13 and Rs. 15 for SD and HD respectively. Tata Sky charges Rs. 50 just for Movies Now at present and they don't want to give channels at affordable rates to us hence unnecessarily they r stalling adoption of this
For only pogo they charge 25 after trai implementation its 4.25 with cartoon network kids pack .and family pack HBO WB CNN cartoon network pogo at 10

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock