Breaking Tata Sky will provide new Tariff Plans - Discussions (TRAI Tariff Order w.e.f 1st Feb 2019)

Read an article on this point yesterday, explaining how SC has already upheld all the key points of the tariff order, including the fact that discounts on bouquets have to be capped.

Which means HC cannot amend any of that.

Only problem is that Delhi HC just does not has the power to over rule Supreme court vedict.

screw is tightening around TS.

What is Swarajya without copy paste? ;)
It's Copy paste journalism

I read in TelevisionPost, which is the source of this story, that the judges said: "you can continue flouting TRAI norms. But don't blame us for it later". So essentially, court is saying you are on your own.
Heights of twisted journalism with misleading headlines!!

Also read on one site (banned here) that TRAI actually has the right to impose 15% cap, but is not doing so for reasons best know to it.

Also read on one site (banned here) that TRAI actually has the right to impose 15% cap, but is not doing so for reasons best know to it.

Supreme court never said 15% rule illegal. It only said time is over for clarification so trai is late in filling SLP

According to the article, it told TRAI orally that they should read and read again the SC judgement. In it, apparently, they say that the entire 2017 order is upheld, including the 15% cap. But some interested parties, along with certain media outlets, made it look like TRAI did not have the right to impose 15% cap. This is what I read somewhere today.

When this was told to TRAI, TRAI withdrew its clarification request. But this was interpreted as TRAI withdrawing it under pressure by media, because media wants people to believe that TRAI doesn't have that right (for obvious reasons).

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock