5.1 output in Videocon D2H HD Box

I am unlucky. I spent 6400 rupees for this device. But it is not giving proper 5.1 sound from my d2h :hd set top box.

I think this is d2h issue. I am feeling 5.1 sound discovery hd world and zee studio hd. From other channels only front speakers are giving sound.

The devuce works fine with my dvd player. But when I am changing spdif to PCM I am getting the same problem for dvd too. If it is set to Raw, awesome.

This means, d2h :hd channels' dolby are PCM? And that is why it is not giving proper sound? :(

Anybody having d2h hd set top box with digital home theater, please please please please please help me out of this.........:(

how have u connected home theatre to d2h hd stb? also did u slect dolby option by changing the settings in d2h stb?

I connected coax out from d2h :hd set top box to mydecoder's coax input. I am using the below decoder.

www.ebay.in/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360594038791

The 5.1 analog output from this decoder to my F&D home theater shown below.

www.flipkart.com/f-d-f700u-5-1-multimedia-speakers/p/itmdfzesqbad8xds

If I am turning on doldy digital in any of the :hd channels the output volume can be heard in front and center speakers only. Not in rear speakers and sub woofer.

I tried to use prologic option in my F&D home theater. But it is not good and giving 5.1 sound. Earlier when I connected my set top box using stereo audio input in my home theater, I got 5.1 sound using prologic option of my home theater.

I just replaced my set top box with a DVD player and connected using coax connectivity. I got excelent 5.1 output without a single issue. FYI, I didn't use prologic option in my home theater and it is not required when connecting 5.1 channels.

If I am setting my SPDIF output as PCM instead of RAW in my DVD player, I got the same issue that I faced with my d2h set top box.

So I think my device is not supporting PCM dolby digital input. Also d2h is giving PCM dolby digital output. I may not be correct. If wrong, experts, please explain.

The good portion is that when I am turning off dolby sound, my decoder is converting it to 5.1. My home theater alone can also do this. So what is the point in having this decoder. Both are converting stereo into 5.1 using prologic II.

Re: RE: 5.1 output in Videocon D2H HD Box

Techie Experts,

Please help me..

mjahabarsadiq said:
I connected coax out from d2h :hd set top box to mydecoder's coax input. I am using the below decoder.

www.ebay.in/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360594038791

The 5.1 analog output from this decoder to my F&D home theater shown below.

www.flipkart.com/f-d-f700u-5-1-multimedia-speakers/p/itmdfzesqbad8xds

If I am turning on doldy digital in any of the :hd channels the output volume can be heard in front and center speakers only. Not in rear speakers and sub woofer.

I tried to use prologic option in my F&D home theater. But it is not good and giving 5.1 sound. Earlier when I connected my set top box using stereo audio input in my home theater, I got 5.1 sound using prologic option of my home theater.

I just replaced my set top box with a DVD player and connected using coax connectivity. I got excelent 5.1 output without a single issue. FYI, I didn't use prologic option in my home theater and it is not required when connecting 5.1 channels.

If I am setting my SPDIF output as PCM instead of RAW in my DVD player, I got the same issue that I faced with my d2h set top box.

So I think my device is not supporting PCM dolby digital input. Also d2h is giving PCM dolby digital output. I may not be correct. If wrong, experts, please explain.

The good portion is that when I am turning off dolby sound, my decoder is converting it to 5.1. My home theater alone can also do this. So what is the point in having this decoder. Both are converting stereo into 5.1 using prologic II.

D2h :hd is giving 5.1 audio thorough SPDIF(Co-axial) out only
In D2h :hd DVR 5.1 audio thorough SPDIF(Optical), coaxial & HDMI out

So if you are using DVR , try to connect STB to decoder using optical cable.

Mine is not DVR. And i dont have optical out. So, you meant to say that I cannot get 5.1 sound using coax out?

If this is the problem in set top box, whether d2h can solve this?

Re: RE: 5.1 output in Videocon D2H HD Box

biswanandand said:
Wait friend, ur issue is real with help of decoder d2h not giving proper output , i'm waiting 4 adtv's output

If this is the problem in my decoder, my heart will be broken. I spent 6400 rupees for this..:( :( :huh: :huh:

mjahabarsadiq said:
Mine is not DVR. And i dont have optical out. So, you meant to say that I cannot get 5.1 sound using coax out?

Sorry bro. my last post had one error.
D2h HD zapper have only Co-axial (SPDIF) audio out. You should get 5.1 through co-axial.
SO you are using correct connection.
Just check if you are using good quality co-axial SPDIF cable.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock