Breaking 9 New Channels Launching By Star Network w.e.f. March 15

First they should distribute Pravah Pictures HD on DTHs because of poor distribution of HD version they are failing to get good ratings despite having good movies
Star Sports 1 Marathi didn't even had any distribution. The channel is shutting down for Star Sports 1 Tamil HD and Star Sports 1 Telugu HD.

Star Gold 2 HD from some other channel Rebrand or New licence. Renaming or Rebranding not possible Because these UTV, Disney, Hungama Channels got licences under Disney India broadcasting company. whereas Star Gold, Star Plus, Star Sports under Star India private and Vijay, Asianet, Suvarna under Asianet Star communications. all these channels registered satellite, uplinking/downlinking their own companies.

Likely these shutting down channels removed from DTH and Cable, some new channels take more years to available on DTH/Cable or remain unavailable like Star Sports1 Marathi and Star Sports Bangla.

Agree with ur point about Star Gold 2 HD

Other channels will simply be replaced and positioned in appropriate genre. As New RIO is coming into effect hence all channels part of it will make way across platforms....Star Sports Marathi and Bangla required for Disney Star to pay carriage fee to each operator for placement of channel and was a tedious task...considering market situation and less interest among viewers they would have decided to shut down these channels, same goes for Nat Geo Tamil and Telugu which were supposed to launch few years back

Along with 9 new channels launching, they should mention shutting down channels names too, many years back they have informed channels like Channel V, NGC Tamil, NGC Telugu going to discontinue on official website and news papers.

currently i didn't see any information about shutting down and Name change channels list on their own websites Disney Star and Disney India.

Along with 9 new channels launching, they should mention shutting down channels names too, many years back they have informed channels like Channel V, NGC Tamil, NGC Telugu going to discontinue on official website and news papers.

currently i didn't see any information about shutting down and Name change channels list on their own websites Disney Star and Disney India.

nkTkiXs.jpg

That's from Dreamdth analyst, still i didn't see any information from official Disney Star or Disney India website. earlier planned Bindass shutting down and Jalsha Josh, Hungama HD launch, but now they're not going as per plan. Don't know what's wrong with Disney/Star India.

Last edited:
I feel worried after hearing the news of launch… because I remember these channels were supposed to launch on 1st December 2021… but it was indefinitely delayed… will the same happen this time or launch on time?

I feel worried after hearing the news of launch… because I remember these channels were supposed to launch on 1st December 2021… but it was indefinitely delayed… will the same happen this time or launch on time?
Again possible if Cable/DTH operators not satisfied from So called Broadcasters RIOs.

Exciting news! It was long overdue.
  • Finally, Disney Star is launching Disney Channel HD in 2023 (after Viacom18 launched Nick HD+ in 2015 and Turner launched Cartoon Network HD+ in 2018). With this launch, the 3 major American kids networks will have an HD presence in India.
  • The UTV brand is more or less dead, so it makes sense to replace it with the Star brand. There have been no Indian feature films produced and/or distributed by UTV Motion Pictures since 2017.
  • Tamil and Telugu markets have much greater viewership than Bangla and Marathi markets, so I can understand why they would want to have dedicated HD feeds for Star Sports 1 in Tamil and Telugu.
  • Whoever is interested in English entertainment is better off with OTT streaming services these days. So, the end of Star World is not a big loss.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock