Aamir Khan TV show set for Doordarshan and Star

• Thread starter Gagan
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,347

Gagan

Reaction score
India's state broadcaster Doordarshan is to broadcast the debut TV show of Bollywood actor Aamir Khan, as well as the News Corporation-owned network Star India, which has produced the programme.

When Satyamev Jayate goes on air on 6 May, it will mark the first time an Indian TV show has been broadcast by two different networks.

Launching the Satyamev Jayate theme song, Aamir told journalists: "I am always scared to walk a new path and be different. I have no idea how TRPs [TV ratings points] are calculated. This show is more about connecting with audiences than the TRPs."

The 47 year old actor, known as "Mr Perfectionist" added that filming the 13 episode series was "an enriching experience to meet all kinds of people. I cry easily, so when things touched my heart, I cried. And when I was inspired and happy, I cried."

Satyamev Jayate will be on air at 11am every Sunday, on DD 1 and simultaneously on Star Plus, among other Star TV channels. Broadcasting in Hindi, the TV show will also be dubbed into Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu and Kannada.

"We wanted a time-slot for the show where the family could come together and get involved in the show," Gayatri Yadav, executive vice president, marketing and communications, Star India has previously said, explaining the choice to transmit on Sunday mornings.

Aamir, who has been keeping the programme's content closely under wraps, said: "I have been working on the show for more than two years. It has taken a toll on my life, films are getting postponed, and other personal things. All I can say is we have left no stone unturned... we want to connect with the people, it is in a way like 'Bharat Jodo Abhiyaan'.

http://in.rapidtvnews.com/topics/broadcast/2149-aamir-khan-tv-show-set-for-doordarshan-and-star

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock