Breaking Airtel DTH has increased Lock In Period For A-La-carte to 30 days

What's your take on the 30 Days lock in period?

• Total voters
What logic is there in vouching for a company's move? You will never know their internal decisions unless you're in upper management and know insider information.

I said there won't be mass migration of customers to another operator just bcoz airtel has introduced 30 day lock in policy for standalone channels.
Buddy, atleast 1st understand what is being said rather than always just be in a mode to write against me

We can show them the transaction history from our end. For this we need to access transaction history in old ui. Still it's completely lame of them to say anything like this.

Transactions History option also available in new interface of airtel app

Hahaha ! The day this policy got implemented i stated that it was not a good decision but i guess when u just somehow want to have wrong perception about me then u simply ignore all of what i have said and just pick up parts of it, give it ur own twist and then criticise me for no reason.

I am not relative of anyone working in airtel but a responsible subscriber of airtel or any other brand i use...for brands i do not use i still perform responsibility of being a logical, informed and responsible person while making comments or sharing feedback with them

From now on i am not wasting anymore time responding to such baseless allegations or false accusations hence please understand if i do not comment it is bcoz of this reason
Bro neither I m trying to make you look false nor I m making any assumptions.

Everyone has their own perception and thinking.

You writes what suits you or what is right according to you , I writes my views according to me.

I had no intentions to make your statement wrong.

Take it easy....

Transactions History option also available in new interface of airtel app
No bro it is not available. Transactions in the new UI is only recharge history and not complete statement with addition and deduction in DTH balance. Transaction history in the old UI has complete information. We have already discussed this in the below thread.
I agree. Even I use the old Airtel DTH account section for DBR details. Sometimes it doesn't work. It's good that they brought the new one. New one's working well. If not a new app, they still should not have removed some good options in the old account section like transaction history, create your own pack section (in the new one, once a base pack is selected, we can't remove it or continue directly to create a pack afresh), your current plan section which states the summary of the pack and total monthly charges (Base pack price, top-up price, ncf) , recharge offer section which communicates the amount of cashback that we are entitled for a given recharge amount, option for relocation request etc. They should add all these in the new section.

Let's be realistic these lock-in periods doesn't affect 90% of the users unless they accidentally add channels. Most people doesn't even knew that they could just add or drop channels as per requirements. If one's a Cable/DTH users. They will most likely go for some DPO pack. I wouldn't blame operators for hiking minimum recharge amount or lock-in periods. They need it for survival. It's broadcaster that has unnecessarily high price on individual sports and movie channels. Some like Star here is even guilty of not providing a single sports bouquet. Even DPO sports bouquet doesn't gives much or any discounts. No other broadcaster has any movie centric bouquets.

Bro neither I m trying to make you look false nor I m making any assumptions.

Everyone has their own perception and thinking.

You writes what suits you or what is right according to you , I writes my views according to me.

I had no intentions to make your statement wrong.

Take it easy....

I don't write what suits me , i simply write what is true without any biases.

Also yes we all have perceptions and way to think but important thing is to carefully read /understand and make true sense of what is being said or what r the real facts rather than just leveling random allegations against other person based on ur wrong understanding of things

I don't write what suits me , i simply write what is true without any biases.

Also yes we all have perceptions and way to think but important thing is to carefully read /understand and make true sense of what is being said or what r the real facts rather than just leveling random allegations against other person based on ur wrong understanding of things
You are pro-broadcaster and operator. specially when it comes to like Star and Airtel. Sometimes you need to think from both company and viewers perspectives.

I said there won't be mass migration of customers to another operator just bcoz airtel has introduced 30 day lock in policy for standalone channels.
Buddy, atleast 1st understand what is being said rather than always just be in a mode to write against me
Buddy, stop vouching for companies if you're not on their management.

Stop defending companies if you're not their employee.

Stop praising illogical, anti-customer moves all the time.

For someone who always talks about logic, you seem to not get the logic of people calling you a shill or an employee here and why they would come to that conclusion logically.

Last edited:
Let's be realistic these lock-in periods doesn't affect 90% of the users unless they accidentally add channels. Most people doesn't even knew that they could just add or drop channels as per requirements. If one's a Cable/DTH users. They will most likely go for some DPO pack. I wouldn't blame operators for hiking minimum recharge amount or lock-in periods. They need it for survival. It's broadcaster that has unnecessarily high price on individual sports and movie channels. Some like Star here is even guilty of not providing a single sports bouquet. Even DPO sports bouquet doesn't gives much or any discounts. No other broadcaster has any movie centric bouquets.
To be brutally honest even i won't blame Disney-Star for not having a dedicated sports channels bouquet as they need to widen reach/viewership of their sports channels and it is possible only via combining sports channels alongwith their popular channels from other genres in broadcaster bouquet.

They have extremely high investment which has been made in sports business thus they need reach/viewership + subscription/ad revenue to assure best possible returns . They need to leverage such opportunities to achieve good outcome

You are pro-broadcaster and operator. specially when it comes to like Star and Airtel. Sometimes you need to think from both company and viewers perspectives.

I do think from all perspectives and state what is true. Infact people should also have balanced view rather than always seeing things from what is just best for them....all stakeholders should be benefited when any decision is taken and sometimes companies take a stand which may seem bad for customers but there is a reason for them to do so while if a wrong decision is taken based on no merit then it should be criticized

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock