Breaking Airtel DTH has increased Lock In Period For A-La-carte to 30 days

What's your take on the 30 Days lock in period?

• Total voters
Also yes we all have perceptions and way to think but important thing is to carefully read /understand and make true sense of what is being said.
I never read your LONG PARAGRAPHS replies.
When someone ask a simple question you replied it with a big paragraph.

(OFF TOPIC BUT Useful for @dino29 )

Bro Below is the example how your replies looks like.

( Example -
Random Member- What is D.

Others Replies- It's 4th letter of English Alphabet.

@dino29 Replies- D is a very important alphabet of 26 English Alphabets. English Alphabets starts with A and ends with Z. Before D it's C alphabet and after D it's E alphabet.
Without D English Alphabets will be incomplete and will only be 25.
D comes at number 4 and is very essential part.

You cannot spell dino without D, my name will be ino then. So it's very very important.)

(After 5 days
Random Users- What is E
Dino9 Replies- Read my previous post I have mentioned it.)

Dino bro this is How your answers looks like 🙄

Take it easy bro.... Don't mind it 🙂🙂

Last edited:
This airtel's 30-day lock-in period is becoming a nightmare.
How to remember when I activated a certain channel, to be able to remove it on 30th day? Will airtel send me a reminder?
Why to take a channel for a full 30-days if I want it only for few days?

I was hoping this will be rolled back. Plus the pressure of hikes prices of NTO 2.0 are putting more strain on the wallet. Tough time ahead. Like I said earlier, these NTO were aimed at making things easier for the subscriber. It has instead become worse now.

Got Full Details Of How Airtel Paying To Broadcasters

The Aa-La-Karte Part,,,,

Wil Post A Thread Soon,

To be brutally honest even i won't blame Disney-Star for not having a dedicated sports channels bouquet as they need to widen reach/viewership of their sports channels and it is possible only via combining sports channels alongwith their popular channels from other genres in broadcaster bouquet.

They have extremely high investment which has been made in sports business thus they need reach/viewership + subscription/ad revenue to assure best possible returns . They need to leverage such opportunities to achieve good outcome
Subscription revenue isn't bringing much. Ad is where is counts. If channels are expensive both DPO and subscribers will be hesitant frim subscribing such channels. I personally will never pay for something like Star Sports 2 HD for ₹22.42 where it has no special content to cater to me.

I do think from all perspectives and state what is true. Infact people should also have balanced view rather than always seeing things from what is just best for them....all stakeholders should be benefited when any decision is taken and sometimes companies take a stand which may seem bad for customers but there is a reason for them to do so while if a wrong decision is taken based on no merit then it should be criticized
Post NTO everyone is benefiting but customers. Bills have increased, variety of channels and content has decreased. There is no balance here to care about stake holders. Stakeholders here are unethical. Only move they take is restricting their channels from DD FreeDish every now and than.

Last edited:
There's no doubt that this 30 day lock-in period policy of ADTV is so stupid. But does it really matter?

I mean, I'm currently on Hindi Value Sports Kids pack + Eurosport as a la karte channel (for MotoGP) Although i love UCL and Bundesliga but i didn't subscribe SONY Ten 2 bcoz I don't think that any of SONY sports channels deserves more than Rs. 10 per month nor i did activate channel for match days and deactivated after few days (mainly reason is Bundesliga matches on weekends whereas UCL on Tue. & Wednesday and UEL on Thrusday. But i watch some matches on Sony Ten 3 which is part of my base pack.

Please feel free to share your thoughts how'd this policy hamper you?

(*Note - I'm not supporting ADTV's policy)

but dino bro always positive or take neutral stand for airtel but never negative... no one in this forum can deny he sometime gives false information (goli) just to buy time so that airtel could fix the same.... maybe airtel employee or die hard fan but i find comments are more biased towards airtel.

coming to the topic, i wonder how xtreme users are digesting the change.. i mean in xtreme box there are higher chances of accidently subscribing a channel by elders/childrens (please dont consider super parents/super children)

Transactions History option also available in new interface of airtel app

No bro it is not available. Transactions in the new UI is only recharge history and not complete statement with addition and deduction in DTH balance. Transaction history in the old UI has complete information. We have already discussed this in the below thread.
It might be a bug but the new ui also has daily transaction history.

You will see this way👇
First open Airtel app and tap on transaction from shortcut
76xNZp1.jpg

You will see it opening in recharge history, then back it once
You will see that it has moved to the old ui, tap on my account
6WCLW9R.jpg

then tap on transaction history

1zwyC7x.jpg

Now you will see the daily transaction history
aOoKpVy.jpg

*Note: If it shows "something just broke. People at Airtel are fixing it.", then tap on "try again".
nTFmpmm.jpg

We can show them the transaction history from our end. For this we need to access transaction history in old ui. Still it's completely lame of them to say anything like this.
PS
Have already shared in the below thread on how to access old UI
Post in thread 'Unable to change base pack with app.' Seeking Help - Unable to change base pack with app.
But still my question how can you show in over the phone call with twitter handle cc you can share 😅😅😅

You will see this way👇
76xNZp1.jpg

6WCLW9R.jpg

1zwyC7x.jpg

aOoKpVy.jpg

*Note: If it shows "something just broke. People at Airtel are fixing it.", then tap on "try again".
nTFmpmm.jpg

Good catch bro

But adtv shoukd be more transparent as it only shows deduction amount and time but not showing for which amount got deducted means for adding a la carte topup or bouquets amount deducted and also adtv should top-up or bouquet name

You will see this way👇
76xNZp1.jpg

6WCLW9R.jpg

1zwyC7x.jpg

aOoKpVy.jpg

nTFmpmm.jpg
This is what I meant by old UI. Had shared the same steps in my earlier post also.
We can show them the transaction history from our end. For this we need to access transaction history in old ui. Still it's completely lame of them to say anything like this.
PS
Have already shared in the below thread on how to access old UI
Post in thread 'Unable to change base pack with app.' Seeking Help - Unable to change base pack with app.
But still my question how can you show in over the phone call with twitter handle cc you can share 😅😅😅
For these kind of issues, always email is my preferred mode bro.
But adtv shoukd be more transparent as it only shows deduction amount and time but not showing for which amount got deducted means for adding a la carte topup or bouquets amount deducted and also adtv should top-up or bouquet name
Bro, firstly Airtel has completely done away with this option in the new UI. I seriously doubt they'll make any improvement as of now. They need to add few option in the new UI from old and completely do away with buggy old UI like renaming existing transaction option to recharge history and add transaction history like in the snap shared by @Arpan Ghosh, make my own plan option, saving packs for later (can save particular combination of packs and later can activate the saved pack with just 2 clicks) etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock