Breaking Airtel DTH has increased Lock In Period For A-La-carte to 30 days

What's your take on the 30 Days lock in period?

• Total voters
Buddy, stop vouching for companies if you're not on their management.

Stop defending companies if you're not their employee.

Stop praising illogical, anti-customer moves all the time.

For someone who always talks about logic, you seem to not get the logic of people calling you a shill or an employee here and why they would come to that conclusion logically.

Subscription revenue isn't bringing much. Ad is where is counts. If channels are expensive both DPO and subscribers will be hesitant frim subscribing such channels. I personally will never pay for something like Star Sports 2 HD for ₹22.42 where it has no special content to cater to me.
Buddy i explained another thing. Please read my statement again. I gave the reasoning why they do not have separate sports bouquet and provide sports channels bundled with other channels in their broadcaster bouquet. More the reach, more the viewership is likely to be and this results in more ad revenue being earned. Subscription revenue share has grown for broadcasters in last few years and it now is equally important for broadcasters specially for sports channels which r very expensive to operate

Buddy, stop vouching for companies if you're not on their management.

Stop defending companies if you're not their employee.

Stop praising illogical, anti-customer moves all the time.

For someone who always talks about logic, you seem to not get the logic of people calling you a shill or an employee here and why they would come to that conclusion logically.

but dino bro always positive or take neutral stand for airtel but never negative... no one in this forum can deny he sometime gives false information (goli) just to buy time so that airtel could fix the same.... maybe airtel employee or die hard fan but i find comments are more biased towards airtel.

coming to the topic, i wonder how xtreme users are digesting the change.. i mean in xtreme box there are higher chances of accidently subscribing a channel by elders/childrens (please dont consider super parents/super children)

Buddy there is no point for me to again and again give clarifications bcoz neither do u read or understand what i write in my different posts nor are u interested in having constructive discussions based on the topic. You simply just level baseless claims devoid of truth against me on a daily basis rather than dicsussing on the topic or points i highlight related to it. Ur statement that i have never criticised airtel digital tv is itself proof that u do not pay attention to what i write

Sorry buddy but can continue to daily level new false claims against my statements and i will simply not respond as there is no use of it as i have seen from past interactions i have had with u

Post NTO everyone is benefiting but customers. Bills have increased, variety of channels and content has decreased. There is no balance here to care about stake holders. Stakeholders here are unethical. Only move they take is restricting their channels from DD FreeDish every now and than.

True buddy. Broadcasters / Operators and even viewers need to make certain corrections for the system to fairly & in a balances manner benefit all stakeholders. Ofcourse changing broadcast industry landscape with technological evolution has a big role to play in certain content transitioning in small or big manner from TV to OTT but broadcasters / operators themselves also have implemented certain decisions or crafted policies which have hampered growth of certain on TV and even larger expansion of TV subscriber universe

Scheduled removal of 30 days Lock in A-la-carte by ADTV.
6MlyJSc.jpg

Coz in the name of top-up of a la carte lock in they charge you upfront for 30 days as you oaid full amount so adtv just remind u schedule removal date your channel not locked you can drop your a la carte qctivate channel from my airtel app any day be it before schedule removal day or earlier removal day it's upto u u paid full u want to enjoy full or remove without enjoy full one month or drop earlier than that.
Airtel haven't reminded me about 30 days completion of my channel.

Few days back I scheduled these channels removal.

Today's their 30 days completed and hence they are dropped down by ADTV as per scheduled.

Please feel free to share your thoughts how'd this policy hamper you
@roman – Well, a simple use case is if I want to watch a particular channel only for 5 days, lets say a Test Match on Star Sports 1 HD. Earlier, I used to subscribe to the channel and then remove it on the 5th day after watching the match as I no longer need the channel. Similarly, if I am going out for a trip for a week or so (7 days), then I used to remove all pay channels and keep the connection active, so that my monthly charge remains only equal to NCF (Rs 153) and so I can save on unnecessary higher DBR due to pay channels. Once back, I used to add all my pay channels again. I know this may not be a significant amount, but do remember – we are already paying the 'Carriage Fee' of Rs 153, so there's nothing wrong in removing all pay channels if you're not going to use the TV at all.

Also, the 'safe custody' or 'pause' service of airtel DTH is too costly if you want to not use the service for a short period like only 7 days or lesser, hence you have no option but to keep the service on and active. Why to keep paying a hefty charge for pay channels for that period?

When TRAI devised the new regime back in early 2019, what was their intention, are we as subscribers required to commit to a minimum one month after subscribing any channel? I dont think so there is such directive, which is why other DTH players still continue to have no lock-in period after activating channels.
Now you will see the daily transaction history
@Arpan Ghosh – I am wondering how are you getting 428 channels in just Rs 153.51. How/what is this pack, could you please share?

if I am going out for a trip for a week or so (7 days), then I used to remove all pay channels and keep the connection active, so that my monthly charge remains only equal to NCF (Rs 153) and so I can save on unnecessary higher DBR due to pay channels. Once back, I used to add all my pay channels again. I know this may not be a significant amount, but do remember – we are already paying the 'Carriage Fee' of Rs 153, so there's nothing wrong in removing all pay channels if you're not going to use the TV at all.

Also, the 'safe custody' or 'pause' service of airtel DTH is too costly if you want to not use the service for a short period like only 7 days or lesser, hence you have no option but to keep the service on and active. Why to keep paying a hefty charge for pay channels for that period?
(Offtopic in ADTV)-

Tata Play should be the best option for you. No lock in period.

No temporary suspension Fees.

You can suspend temporary suspension in Tata Play for Minimum 1 Day and Maximum 10 years without any charges.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock