Breaking Airtel in advanced talks to buy Tata Play

• Thread starter Thread starter SPANDAN
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 190
  • Views Views: Views 25,313
Wait n Watch..... It is not so simple as u r making out to be by simply reading an information..... We have had discussions why Tata is considering selling DTH business and why Airtel is interested in it

Bro, why do you want this merger so desperately? I still don't understand what Airtel will get after this acquisition. Airtel will have to pay Tata Play's valuation ($1 billion by 2023), CCI, NCLT etc for monopoly merger. What will they get after this? A large user base, like DishD2H had in 2019.

I would be happy if a non-DTH player acquires Tata Play instead of Airtel.

Airtel should focus on user experience of existing customers instead of spending money on these acquisitions. Their bugs are well known, users are calling them the greediest company.

No such issue buddy, As Disney-Star owns stake in Tata Play and all of their broadcast assets r part of merger agreement hence accordingly shares/stake in Tata Play is being allocated to Reliance, soon u wil see them exiting the JV...... Also no such monopoly will be created if Airtel acquires Tata Play, unlike other operators Airtel has always been fair , balanced and unbiased while engaging in discussions with broadcasters be it on any matter.... They have never sided with anyone bcoz there is no reason to do so and never had any conflict of interest regarding this matter unlike Tata Play or Dish TV wherein stakeholders involved direct or indirect link to a broadcaster which sometimes creates such imbalance or bias
1st Airtel should concentrate on tv experience of its fiber customers as some channels from satellite and some channels from internet, then xstream boxes are stucks in between and no favorite channels option in xstream boxes even with DTH service.

I feel that merger is not needed.

Disney selling its stake to the new JV (Viacom+star India) is a much better business plan.

With this they can even increase their share holding from 30% to more, which will help the majority company (Tata) in a way.

I feel Tata should not exit this business in anyway but get aboard like minded companies like the ones mentioned above to invest and be partners in the business.

Merger with only lead to consolidation.

Currently The deal is put on hold it seems no improvements from either sides Tata Play started its diwali new connections promotions also in Pune & Maharashtra. Some FTA Channels also launching soon in few days .
Definitely not singal Marathi channel in list of fta addition:shutup:

Bro, why do you want this merger so desperately? I still don't understand what Airtel will get after this acquisition. Airtel will have to pay Tata Play's valuation ($1 billion by 2023), CCI, NCLT etc for monopoly merger. What will they get after this? A large user base, like DishD2H had in 2019.

I would be happy if a non-DTH player acquires Tata Play instead of Airtel.

Airtel should focus on user experience of existing customers instead of spending money on these acquisitions. Their bugs are well known, users are calling them the greediest company.

Already discussed in detail earlier too as too what Airtel stands to gain from this acquisition so won't repeat it again.... It cannot be compared to dish d2h merger for various reasons and most importantly despite all the challenges in the ever changing broadcast industry landscape Airtel had come out as a winner in DTH, Telecom and Broadband Business so they know how to make proper strategies so as to balance customer happiness and business growth.

You and many others wrongly assess the strategies adopted by Airtel as being greedy but fact is that to provide good quality services there is need of money and Airtel has not passed all of the financial burden to customers rather even in their DTH business they r trying to maximise revenue generation via ads on home channels or banner ads, carriage fee earned from channels etc.. hencd keeping its services affordable for larger population and at same time maintain good quality be it for transmission , aftersales service or products....same holds true for their other businesses.

Also look at Tata Play and the losses it is generating and decline in their subscriber base in last 4 years which again shows that they have not been able to align well with evolving needs of customers while maintaining a strategy where business growth is not hampered...... They can give Re 1 offers for channel packs but then what is the use if same creates losses (ofcourse there r several other factors too contributing to it ) and thus they have to resort to cost cutting measures like removing Dolby Audio from HD boxes, remove separate AV ports (Red,White,,Yellow wires) on HD Boxes etc and increase secondary connection NCF Charges to reduce losses.

Atleast Airtel has been able to cater to mass + niche customers is most effective and balanced manner across their businesses thus resulting in growth + good service quality....all companies have shortcomings so again ur specifically mentioning Airtel for the same is again not a valid argument to make and most importantly when u sideline the fact that they have made so much improvements already in last few years and more is likely to be done in future

I feel that merger is not needed.

Disney selling its stake to the new JV (Viacom+star India) is a much better business plan.

With this they can even increase their share holding from 30% to more, which will help the majority company (Tata) in a way.

I feel Tata should not exit this business in anyway but get aboard like minded companies like the ones mentioned above to invest and be partners in the business.

Merger with only lead to consolidation.

Firstly Merged Entity cannot increase its stake in Tata Play beyond 30% as any firm operating in Broadcast TV business cannot expand its stake beyond permitted limits as laid down under the law.

Secondly consolidation will happen and same is happening across various industries around the world, as i have said DTH is not the core business of Tata and they would be more interested in selling off loss making Tata Play as part of its restructuring exercise.

They would have tried to join hands with other companies involved in running DTH business around the world so they required competence can be brought in to have a smooth run like how Sky managed all the major things pre 2019 when they were part of Tata Sky..... Unfortunately since they exited Tata Play (Sky) started seeing a downfall in the various aspects which still continues.

Firstly Merged Entity cannot increase its stake in Tata Play beyond 30% as any firm operating in Broadcast TV business cannot expand its stake beyond permitted limits as laid down under the law.

Secondly consolidation will happen and same is happening across various industries around the world, as i have said DTH is not the core business of Tata and they would be more interested in selling off loss making Tata Play as part of its restructuring exercise.

They would have tried to join hands with other companies involved in running DTH business around the world so they required competence can be brought in to have a smooth run like how Sky managed all the major things pre 2019 when they were part of Tata Sky..... Unfortunately since they exited Tata Play (Sky) started seeing a downfall in the various aspects which still continues.
Why do you want them to sell the business ? What will ADTV get in return ? Will they be able to manage such a huge customer base ?

I say they should not sell anything. Instead they should seek like minded companies to invest in the business and make it stronger.

I respect both ADTV and TP, but I personally feel we need competition and a healthy one and it’s best if both remain and run as independent companies.

They could return… who knows. We never know

Tata Play and the losses it is generating and decline in their subscriber base in last 4 years which again shows that they have not been able to align well with evolving needs of customers while maintaining a strategy where business growth is not hampered...... The
Not last 4 years bro from last 2 years after Temasek Exit from Tata Play n Gsat24 Acquisition the invested more & got less revenue because of no foreign investments .

During festive seasons progress in such agreements usually go slow..... Also running offers does not mean that deal has been cancelled or postponed but until the agreement is finalised companies continue operating respective businesses taking required decisions but bid decisions r cancelled or deffered like Tata Play shelved IPO plans.
yeah.. the present Tataplay is not agressive in new custemer aquisition in the past they had been..
not aquisition alone. They seems bit lazy in everything for now

Back
Top Bottom