airtel waiting for ses-8 satellite

I think airtel can manage ses7 capacity till it gets ses9 rather than doing realign job

me_saket said:
I think airtel can manage ses7 capacity till it gets ses9 rather than doing realign job

Relign?How many times they will realign?:huh
They can manage till 2015 by remving their promo and some FTA channels.

Good news waiting for dish tv subscribers, as far as i know

No ways..
SES9 launch date is 30th dec 2015, which means another 3 years almost.

In another 3 years time, India will de-throne the US as world largest DTH country, which means 100s of new channels will be launched.
As digitization is rampant, every company wants to launch their channel in India.

Its just starting of 2013, and we already have HBO Hits+defined, Jukebox, clubbin TV, Rock Tv, dancetrippin tv enter into India....so just imagine how many more channels will launch in next 3 years.

Airtel only has capacity of abt 60-65 SD channels.

nss 11 is co located with ses 7 at 108.2. this sat have enough tp space. no need to worry or realign.

dishtvk said:
nss 11 is co located with ses 7 at 108.2. this sat have enough tp space. no need to worry or realign.

NSS11 was launched in 2000, with a life cycle of 15 years, it will soon cease operations in 2015. Though, Sats. do run longer than predicted life.

So, NSS11 is not the solution to the problem.... something needs to be done very soon.:k

Correct, SES9 will support both ses7 and NSS11.
Infact, rumors are that Astra1E is kept as a backup to SES7 until ses9 launches, as Astra1E still has some years of run-life left, though it has crossed its 15 years of life, as it has mostly been used as backup satellite.

Following the launch of Astra 4B (renamed to SES-4) in February 2012,[6] Astra 1E was moved to 108.2°E where, as of February 2013, it remains, in inclined orbit and with no traffic.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock