• Thread starter mark2gp
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 67
  • Views: Views 5,842
Status
Not open for further replies.

mark2gp

Reaction score
Hi, most of the issues have been discussed elsewhere in the forum, but still can be confusing/outdated/discontinued at present.

#1.Can we operate internet apps without any dth balance?
#2.Are apps JioTv, Chrome, Kodi available in Play Store?
#3.Is side loading of these apps possible?
#4.4K/Atmos support now working for all major ott apps?
#5.Are usb hdd, remote kb/mouse, compatible with the box?
Many thanks in advance to those who take the time and trouble to provide the necessary info. 🙏

Last edited:
Both posts were made in the same context. More chance of getting some help.

Airtel Presence just asked for my contact no.
It was the sales team that got in touch with me, and gave me the higher rates. Finally they asked me to get in touch with the local dealer (as per pincode). Which i had already did (check my post from yesterday)

I dont care if you believe me or not, but if you could get me an xstream box (secondary) at a 500/- discount, that would be helpful. 🤓
I completely believe you bro. I have experienced extremely 'professional' Airtel support team's 'support' and 'resolution' regarding some issues that I was facing on recurrence.
I was so happy with the response, that I finally decided to let go of their services. I was warned earlier by some forum member about their post sales services for the DTH arm but wanted to give it a try anyways. They have a capable product but their support teams....

I completely believe you bro. I have experienced extremely 'professional' Airtel support team's 'support' and 'resolution' regarding some issues that I was facing on recurrence.
I was so happy with the response, that I finally decided to let go of their services. I was warned earlier by some forum member about their post sales services for the DTH arm but wanted to give it a try anyways. They have a capable product but their support teams....
Have had airtel dth for 9 years now. They have good quality, but support and service have been going downhill in recent years.

Bro, u may have faced problems in getting issues rectified by Airtel Digital TV service support team but there would be many others who would have got quick & proper resolution from Airtel Digital TV team. Hence to conclude that Airtel Digital TV has excellent or below average service support just based of experience of few subscribers will not be the right approach or statement to make.

Each company has such issues and across their area of operations there cannot be a similar level of service support standard maintained.

If Airtel Digital TV service support was that bad then surely they would have continued to shown growth in subscriber base or constant improvements in various areas as has been the case for last 10 or 12 years.

Anyways if anyone is facing some issue with an operator, surely u should try to go for the best possible alternative. Lastly i have strong belief that there are attempts made at various occasions by certain members to unfairly criticise Airtel Digital TV though the point being made lacks merit/is wrong or proof is not provided for the issue being faced

Bro, u may have faced problems in getting issues rectified by Airtel Digital TV service support team but there would be many others who would have got quick & proper resolution from Airtel Digital TV team. Hence to conclude that Airtel Digital TV has excellent or below average service support just based of experience of few subscribers will not be the right approach or statement to make.

Each company has such issues and across their area of operations there cannot be a similar level of service support standard maintained.

If Airtel Digital TV service support was that bad then surely they would have continued to shown growth in subscriber base or constant improvements in various areas as has been the case for last 10 or 12 years.

Anyways if anyone is facing some issue with an operator, surely u should try to go for the best possible alternative. Lastly i have strong belief that there are attempts made at various occasions by certain members to unfairly criticise Airtel Digital TV though the point being made lacks merit/is wrong or proof is not provided for the issue being faced
Yes. Airtel is the best organization in the world. They are flawless.

There are also certain attempts also by some member to hide its flaws. Need moderator's intervention here.

Last edited:
Yes. Airtel is the best organization in the world. They are flawless.

There are also certain attempts also by some member to hide its flaws. Need moderator's intervention here.

Where did i say that they do not have flaws? Infact on a regular basis i keep discussing about areas where they need to improve upon. All i said is that i have strong doubts on issues put forward by some members as they seem to highlight a problem but are not able to provide any proof about the same, such comments seem to rather portray Airtel Aigital TV in a negative manner in disguise of actually seeming to others that issue was actually faced by the member .

Having a genuine concern and rasing the issue is surely right thing to do and it can be clearly be known but if there is attempt to defame a brand a brand thru false claims then this is where i raise an objection to

Where did i say that they do not have flaws? Infact on a regular basis i keep discussing about areas where they need to improve upon. All i said is that i have strong doubts on issues put forward by some members as they seem to highlight a problem but are not able to provide any proof about the same, such comments seem to rather portray Airtel Aigital TV in a negative manner in disguise of actually seeming to others that issue was actually faced by the member .

Having a genuine concern and rasing the issue is surely right thing to do and it can be clearly be known but if there is attempt to defame a brand a brand thru false claims then this is where i raise an objection to
Pointing out flaws is not defaming. You need to get your facts right. And no one needs an approval to point out those. It is an open forum, an everyone has rights to place their views.
Not everyone is bound to share their personal communication they had with brand with you or anyone else, if legal proceedings are there, people will share in proper places. This is not a place for that.
You are judging everyone from long time that every other member portrays negative lights on a brand that you like. I have hardly seen you commenting on the other brands with issues. Aren't they portraying negative lights on that brand? This is an open forum, let it be like that. Lets not make it a PR platform.

If I would want to 'portray negative lights', I had a plenty of them with proof. I closed the connection a week back, did you hear me making any fuss about that or creating posts for that?
I believe, when I took the connection, in that post itself I said- if I don't like their service, I won't continue. And I did not like!
Everyone who has paid for any service from any brand, they have 100% rights to criticize them if they are not happy with it. Reason- they are doing business not charity!

Last edited:
Pointing out flaws is not defaming. You need to get your facts right. And no one needs an approval to point out those. It is an open forum, an everyone has rights to place their views.
Not everyone is bound to share their personal communication they had with brand with you or anyone else, if legal proceedings are there, people will share in proper places. This is not a place for that.
You are judging everyone from long time that every other member portrays negative lights on a brand that you like. I have hardly seen you commenting on the other brands with issues. Aren't they portraying negative lights on that brand? This is an open forum, let it be like that. Lets not make it a PR platform.

Buddy, it seems u did not read my post carefully nor did try to understand what i tried to convey thru it. I clearly stated that raising genuine concerns or issues is the right of customers. I myself time and again do so and if go thru my posts u will see many points i have mentioned where Airtel Digital TV needs to improve. Ofcourse no needs any approval in a open forum to state their views but if attempts are made deliberately defame a brand by crafting false claims or issues then other members have equal rights to object to it

Regarding my statement about members providing some proof to substantiate their claims.... yes it is very much needed when style of posting seems to be suspicious or issue being highlighted seem to be rather look not genuine. About ur allegation that i am not too vocal when there r similar attempts made to defame any other brand, well 2 basic reasons go that ...Firstly currently i am using Airtel Digital TV, i have been their subscriber since 2009 and in last 5 years using their services on a continued manner (did not switch to any other operator) so i am more aware about various things related to Airtel Digital TV hence can comment with more in depth facts. I have Tata Play connection too which has is used intermittently so obviously i will not be able to share as detailed user experience about the same. As i have a great interest in media/broadcast industry so accumulate lot of information from different sources , invest time in understanding various things & even analyse things based on my personal usage hence all my comments are never made without cross checking all the facts regarding that topic. There is no question of PR but a simple case of defending the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock