AirTel Xstream Box Got Installed Today [Pics On Page 4, Post 36]

Congratulations on your new connection. If you get time. Can you please do a gaming on the Xstream box?

Did u tried Plex media server ??
www.plex.tv
Same result with Plex too...Playing with audio but no video....

low8xES.jpg

tjnBbeW.jpg

I had similar issues on my Mi TV wherein I was unable to play 4k videos coz of the file format. I just downloaded a hevc codec plugin from online and installed on my TV. Boom it worked. Same happened to my laptop too.

Not sure if it will work on Airtel box but no harm in trying. It may work if Ur lucky enough. Just it once. You can just search on Google for any compatible ones.
Can you Please share from where you downloaded the plugin ?? Thank You...

Sorry but why would you play 4K files on a TV that's not even 4K ?
That doesn't make sense and it won't bring a better picture, just play 1080p files...

This box is able to play 4K, I think it's mostly streaming stuff from Youtube, Amazon and Netflix.
It makes perfect sense because you may not aware but 4k files can be played on non-4k devices & they still look way better than their 1080p counterparts...Plus I already have a Miracast enabled 1080P TV & I only bought this box to play 4k movies...If I just needed to play 1080p files, I never needed this box because I stream 1080P 3D movies directly from my laptop to my TV screen via miracast...

Even my phone (HDR10 panel) plays these 4K HDR files beautifully being a 1080P display phone...

Last edited:
in your review you wrote you don't have a 4K Tv but you are trying to play 4K HDR10 vdo file how will that be compatible with your non 4k TV ? In my opinion non 4K tvs cant descale to 1080p and display.

in your review you wrote you don't have a 4K Tv but you are trying to play 4K HDR10 vdo file how will that be compatible with your non 4k TV ? In my opinion non 4K tvs cant descale to 1080p and display.
You have wrong info...1080p displays can play 4k contents & they still look way better than their 1080p counterparts...Also you may have missed where I wrote that a few 4k HDR files playing properly...It's the box which should descale the 4k content, NOT the TV itself...I play 4k HDR content even on my phone (HDR10 panel) which has a 1080p display & also on my laptops with FHD displays...

Last edited:
Install Potplayer App
It support any 4k videos
I just searched & Potplayer can't be found on the Google Play of android TV platform...I am trying to side-load the app...Will keep you updated...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock