Airtel Xstream Box - Error OT - 106 : Unable to check update

souradeep414

Reaction score
Hi,

Is anybody using Airtel Xstream box and when you are going to check for updates "OT - 106 : Unable to check update" error message is shown? And the "OTA Server Registration Status" in Device Info is also shown "Unavailable".

A guy from the installation center told me that I can't check update because my box is on Android 9, but it doesn't seem right to me. Also, to me the guy doesn't seem that he knows what he is up to.
Although it is possible that he is right and Airtel is being careless to their customers and only looking for making some money somehow, it does not seems normal to me. And I really bear this in mind because the box is not just a "set top box" but integrated with android and I'm logging in with many accounts of mine on it.

Do anybody has ever faced this?

My firmware version is: 1.0.9-19110817 and system update application version is: 1.0.2680

Thanks.

Last edited:
You are already on the latest version available. XStream box ships with Android 9 and that installation guy has no idea what is he talking about. I think you needn't be worried as of now.

You are already on the latest version available. XStream box ships with Android 9 and that installation guy has no idea what is he talking about. I think you needn't be worried as of now.

Yeah, I don't have to worry as of now. But if this is not normal, then it will be something about to worry in a very near future. As it's just yesterday I've got the box, I want that fixed if possible or to be replaced ASAP.
Can you tell me if it is normal to see that error message when checking for updates if I'm on the latest version or if is is normal to have OTA Server Registration Status as "Unavailable"?

Yeah, I don't have to worry as of now. But if this is not normal, then it will be something about to worry in a very near future. As it's just yesterday I've got the box, I want that fixed if possible or to be replaced ASAP.
Can you tell me if it is normal to see that error message when checking for updates if I'm on the latest version or if is is normal to have OTA Server Registration Status as "Unavailable"?
When I updated to this version, I too faced this issue, but then it got fixed by itself. You can try a factory reset and see if that fixes it. Else you may tweet them for replacement.

When I updated to this version, I too faced this issue, but then it got fixed by itself. You can try a factory reset and see if that fixes it. Else you may tweet them for replacement.

The first time I updated to the box to the latest version, I was getting an error when I checked for updates after that: "OT - 107" with some text I don't exactly remember what that said, but it said it could reach the servers. After that I cleared the cache and data of the system update app. Then the error code changed to "OT - 106". Then I did a factory reset (from android settings), but the error code stayed the same and it is "OT - 106" till now. Do you remember what was the error code in your case? After how many days the error was gone?

The first time I updated to the box to the latest version, I was getting an error when I checked for updates after that: "OT - 107" with some text I don't exactly remember what that said, but it said it could reach the servers. After that I cleared the cache and data of the system update app. Then the error code changed to "OT - 106". Then I did a factory reset (from android settings), but the error code stayed the same and it is "OT - 106" till now. Do you remember what was the error code in your case? After how many days the error was gone?
OT - 107 like below.

Good News - New update rolling out to XStream box

It was fixed on the same day in my case after few hours.

I think I will have to contact Airtel about this.

Can you tell me if your OTA Server Registration Status is shown anything other than "Unavailable"?
OTA server registration status shows "Available"

I have figured out the problem: it was my internet. I tried to check for update after connecting to my Mobile WiFi hotspot and the problem was gone. OTA Server Registration Status also says "Available". :) Connecting to home WiFi brings the problem back. I have been facing this kind of problems on my home broadband internet lately.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock