AirTel Xstream Box Got Installed Today [Pics On Page 4, Post 36]

You may not have read all my comments on this thread where I wrote that I have tried all the 4k supported players, not just VLC...This box doesn't support 4K files so 4k files won't play irrespective of where I download them from....For BD Rips, I can already stream from my laptop to my TV wirelessly via Miracast...I only needed to play 4K files through the box...

And yes the AirTel Xstream app on the box doesn't have live TV option for valid reasons...Because if they would have provided that in the app itself, no-one would do monthly DTH recharges & they would have to incur losses...

Airtel Xstream is not a separate apk based app on this box like their mobile version...We can't uninstall or install this app...It's integrated in the box eco-system so apk file extracting is not possible here...
All the Installed apk can be extracted using adblink .
You need to enable developer options by tapping 7 times the build number in the Android setting.
You need to enable adb debugging and when connected you need to authorize the pop on the screen.
Normal adb commands for getting the installed packages name, path ,pull will work.
Jio tv works with mouse toggle.
Will extract the apks tomorrow.
You can use send files to TV.apk for transferring files from.phone.

All the Installed apk can be extracted using adblink .
You need to enable developer options by tapping 7 times the build number in the Android setting.
You need to enable adb debugging and when connected you need to authorize the pop on the screen.
Normal adb commands for getting the installed packages name, path ,pull will work.
Jio tv works with mouse toggle.
Will extract the apks tomorrow.
You can use send files to TV.apk for transferring files from.phone.
I know about these things...I'm a contributing developer in XDA forums since last 10 years & playing with these things (like custom roms, bootloader & Network unlock, custom Kernel, ADB, just to name a few) since long...But in case of Xstream Box, the Xstream app is NOT an APK based app like I mentioned in my earlier post...It's integrated into the box...

It's like a DishTV or any other STB where the main interface is integrated in the system & can't be copied...

Xstream app is an apk based system in the mobile only...On the Xstream Box, "Xstream app" words are actually wrong because it's not an app...It's the interface which is integrated in the system & not an app...Jio TV is an app so can be extracted at ease with ADB...But Xstream is not an app...It's the integrated interface of the box...They just preferred to name the interface as Xstream to make people familiar with the already existing mobile app version...

Last edited:
I know about this things...I'm a contributing developer in XDA forums since last 10 years & playing with these things since long...But in case of Xstream Box, the Xstream app is NOT an APK based app like I mentioned in my earlier post...It's integrated into the box...

It's like a DishTV or any other STB where the main interface is integrated in the system & can't be copied...

Xstream app is an apk based system in the mobile only...On the Xstream Box, "Xstream app" words are actually wrong because it's not an app...It's the interface which is integrated in the system & not an app...Jio TV is an app so can be extracted at ease with ADB...But Xstream is not an app...It's the integrated interface of the box...They just preferred to name the interface as Xstream to make people familiar with the already existing mobile app version...
Have extracted the apk it is a launcher.

Is it a launcher or OS like Xiaomi's patchwall? It looks like one.

The inbuilt apps also got extracted or just the launcher ??
Extracted the updated.apk and xstream apk .

This xstream apk is similar to the apk extracted from Airtel internet tv.
Will extract all the installed apk tmrw and upload.

I don't think we can run this on non-airtel devices...I maybe wrong though because I have not tried extracting it...It might ask for a registered AirTel phone number...Update us on how it goes...

Last edited:
I don't think we can extract the whole thing from Xstream & run on non-airtel devices...I maybe wrong though because I have not tried extracting it...It might ask for a registered AirTel phone number...
Airtel internet tv settop box users removed all the apk related to Airtel and using the box as a Android TV box without any subscription reminding error.

Airtel internet tv settop box users removed all the apk related to Airtel and using the box as a Android TV box without any subscription reminding error.
I actually wanted to know if the apk can also be installed on non-airtel devices ??

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock