DDF Exclusive Airtel Xstream Box Hands On! Review

• Thread starter k2max6
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 425
  • Views: Views 130,179
So basically if I select favorites, they will appear under my channel. Then if I select one of the favorite channel, then upon pressing Channel up/ down will we be able to scroll favorites only or from that channel no?

Mr. Anil Chauhan,

You are absolutely right. Ease in navigation is important attribute of any STB/ System. Since, AirTel has employed a bunch of incompetent personnel, it is not understanding the importance. The issue can be resolved by some minor tweaking of the firmware. They can put a check box in the ‘Setting‘ to select ‘favourite‘ option. Once this option is selected, one should get only favourites channels by pressing left/right arrow or up/down channel buttons.

However, I do not have hope from AirTel and my advice to newbies is to stay away from XStream box or AirTel. Even after launch of the box over 1 month, it has not started the recording facility. And because of this, I have reduced the subscription of channels to minimum. Sound and picture quality as pointed out by others is important and critical.:cf2::em::ouch:.

I am approaching to TRAI for introducing operator neutral STB to come out of this hopelessness. In that case, the operator will have pressure to perform and we can expect STB of reputed make like Samsung, Sony etc. in the market.

Regard.

Anand

Also, coming out of DTH Channels to Home and then selecting ‘My Channels‘ is not a solution. It should remain in DTH mode and the selected channel should continue to appear on screen before switching to the next channel.

Mr. Anil Chauhan,

You are absolutely right. Ease in navigation is important attribute of any STB/ System. Since, AirTel has employed a bunch of incompetent personnel, it is not understanding the importance. The issue can be resolved by some minor tweaking of the firmware. They can put a check box in the ‘Setting‘ to select ‘favourite‘ option. Once this option is selected, one should get only favourites channels by pressing left/right arrow or up/down channel buttons.

However, I do not have hope from AirTel and my advice to newbies is to stay away from XStream box or AirTel. Even after launch of the box over 1 month, it has not started the recording facility. And because of this, I have reduced the subscription of channels to minimum. Sound and picture quality as pointed out by others is important and critical.:cf2::em::ouch:.

I am approaching to TRAI for introducing operator neutral STB to come out of this hopelessness. In that case, the operator will have pressure to perform and we can expect STB of reputed make like Samsung, Sony etc. in the market.

Regard.

Anand
I did read ur other thread in the forum.
As already mentioned by u, main thing is lack of competition in hybrid boxes. I also browsed for other Android boxes and didn't find fav option in any of the remotes either.
Moreover, considering that at present there are only dish and airtel hybrid boxes, I don't expect any operator to pay attention to it any timesoon

Bro
Hybrid box is only an option for streaming OTT content. If you truly wish to enjoy the content you can have fire tv 4k stick. It'd the best choice and unable to beat the performance. It's totally future proof.
Xstream box and other hybrid box have many limitations.
If you can guess, only TataSky will be able to deliver the top class performance. But if they launch hybrid boxes in future. Wait for it.

Bro
Hybrid box is only an option for streaming OTT content. If you truly wish to enjoy the content you can have fire tv 4k stick. It'd the best choice and unable to beat the performance. It's totally future proof.
If you can guess, only TataSky will be able to deliver the top class performance. But if they launch hybrid boxes in future. Wait for it.

I don't like the look of it's remote though.

So how much data consuming if we watch 2 hrs of video content from ott. Can we manage with mobile data like I have jio daily limit of 2 gb or broadband is mandatory to use this box.

So how much data consuming if we watch 2 hrs of video content from ott. Can we manage with mobile data like I have jio daily limit of 2 gb or broadband is mandatory to use this box.
2gb is enough for watching 2-3 hour's of programs

Bro

I am using Nvidia Shield, probably the best android tv in the world. Unfortunately, it is not available in India.

My point is different. I am greatly disappointed by big Indian Companies like AirTel. It can’t put a right product in the market. We are still a bunch of mediocre.

I am hopeful from TRAI. The proposed policy of providing operator neutral STB will help and will bring true competition.

2gb is enough for watching 2-3 hour's of programs
Yes if youtube set at 360p and prime video is set at non HD mode then it's possible
Other than youtube at 720p and prime video only in HD will consume 2GB 4G data in 1 hour.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock