any NEWs abt NEW channel in NEW year

jmvd.jitender

Reaction score
hello guys. any news about new channels in 2014 in january... in SD format ... now there are too much space for many new channel. and now its 2014... any news or date or channel. name

No Need to Create New Thread on This
When Members will Get News on This, They Sure Post

No News yet for Any New SD Channel to Come because TataSky always Surprise any time.
Like HBO HD channels Additions!!

they are not in mood of adding channels. why they remove indian cricket pack. dish tv syllabus have ICP

I still can't believe peoples here are still asking for new SD channels rather than HD channels, has in other parts of the world people's are getting bored with 3D and HD channels has for them this contents are outdated and they are demanding for 4k resolution channels. This guy is still asking for channels in format which is 20 years old rather than asking at least for Full hd channels

:huh

Re: RE: any NEWs abt NEW channel in NEW year

DishHD said:
I still can't believe peoples here are still asking for new SD channels rather than HD channels, has in other parts of the world people's are getting bored with 3D and HD channels has for them this contents are outdated and they are demanding for 4k resolution channels. This guy is still asking for channels in format which is 20 years old rather than asking at least for Full hd channels

:huh

I think u forget that India still third world country. So don't compare with developed countries like US. Most Common man still using CRT TV here as they cannot afford LCD because u can get a crt by spending as low as Rs 5000 where as to buy LCD u need to spend almost Rs 25000 . With digitization cable subscription cost rise is almost twice. Earlier subscription cost was Rs 100 but now it is almost Rs 250 for same number of channels. So the net effect is in India Only 4% subscriber are HD rest are SD. People here watch mostly regional channels. But u will hardly find regional HD channels. So demand for SD is always higher and will remain higher for few more years.

dipayan said:
I think u forget that India still third world country. So don't compare with developed countries like US. Most Common man still using CRT TV here as they cannot afford LCD because u can get a crt by spending as low as Rs 5000 where as to buy LCD u need to spend almost Rs 25000 . With digitization cable subscription cost rise is almost twice. So the net effect is in India Only 4% subscriber are HD rest are SD. People here watch mostly regional channels. But u will hardly find regional HD channels. So demand for SD is always higher and will remain higher for few more years.

What i meant here is that their are already 100's of SD channels in India then why asking for more, has now i think they should think about future, and what i meant by future is that even after 5 to 10 years people's will watch HD content and i think if they launch a channel in HD then they can also down scale it to SD but once a channel is launched in SD its not possible to up scale it to true HD. Now for example channel like Movies Now is originally launched in true HD format by its broadcaster and they also down scaled Movies Now for SD customers. So its better to launch a channel in HD rather than wasting that channels future by launching it in SD version.

:tup

Re: RE: any NEWs abt NEW channel in NEW year

DishHD said:
What i meant here is that their are already 100's of SD channels in India then why asking for more, has now i think they should think about future, and what i meant by future is that even after 5 to 10 years people's will watch HD content and i think if they launch a channel in HD then they can also down scale it to SD but once a channel is launched in SD its not possible to up scale it to true HD. Now for example channel like Movies Now is originally launched in true HD format by its broadcaster and they also down scaled Movies Now for SD customers. So its better to launch a channel in HD rather than wasting that channels future by launching it in SD version.

:tup

I think no one is demanding to launch new sd channels. Out of 784 channels only about 350 channels are carried by dth. Most of those 784 channels are regional. So people are demanding those to be carried by DTH as they prefer regional channels.

It will not profitable for broadcaster to produce HD feed and then downgrade to SD as there is not much HD subscribers. I think this is the reason as most broadcaster didn't follow this method of producing SD feed. Of course I cannot tell the exact reason.
HD is the future no doubt but in India HD is still to catch up as mainstream entertainment.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock