BBC Worldwide doing TV show for Doordarshan for the first time

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
For the first time, BBC Worldwide is doing a television show for pubcaster Doordarshan National.

After bringing reality formats and developing scripted formats for private broadcasters in India, BBC Worldwide is producing a show called ‘Dil Ko Aaj Phir Jeene Ki Tamanna Hai’ for Doordarshan National. Said BBC Worldwide SVP and GM India Myleeta Aga, “It is the first show we are doing for DD and it is very exciting because the public broadcaster has a vast reach.”

Launching on 17 August, the show will air in the primetime band of 9 pm from Monday to Friday.

A regular family drama, ‘Dil Ko Aaj Phir Jeene Ki Tamanna Hai’ tells the story of how a girl helps her family through her dream of dance.

BBC Worldwide pitched the concept to DD about six months back when the pubcaster reached out to several producers as part of its strategy to launch new shows.

As reported earlier by TelevisionPost.com, DD National will undergo rebranding with new packaging and a line-up of new shows in a bid to attract more audiences.

The production house has planned the show for six months. Catering mainly to younger viewers, the show has a love triangle featuring the young girl who wants to realise her dreams.

Regarding DD’s long selection process, Aga said, “The selection of programmes for DD takes some time, but I think the commissioning cycles with GECs are also getting longer.

“DD reached out to a lot of producers because they were looking to re-launch DD National.

For us, it was about DD and its huge reach and the number of people who will see the show.

It really takes a lot of effort to speak to the DD audience because a vast majority of their audience is rural.”

Interestingly, BBC Worldwide has several dance-based shows in its repertoire ranging from ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ on Colors to ‘Bindaas Naach’ on Bindaas and now ‘Dil Ko Aaj Phir Jeene Ki Tamanna Hai’ on DD.

Commenting on this, Aga said, “I think we have developed an expertise in dance but I am sure other producers have done that as well.

Dance is integral to our offering in India and we are happy to be making more dance-based shows.”

Read more at: 

http://www.televisionpost.com/television/bbc-worldwide-doing-tv-show-for-doordarshan-for-the-first-time/

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock