DDF Exclusive "Bindass" Is Soon Rebranding As "Star Utsav 2"

Actually the best thing would have to convert into a HD Music channel like MTV beats but guess they don't want to as already told they want RoI and so the axe. The best thing was to put Bindass as a FTA and put on DD freedish like Viacom did with MTV Beats. That would have given them eyeballs but sadly they are going the GEC route with one more music channel ready to good as gone.
They have tried music channel in past. They're no longer interested in niche channels.

They have tried music channel in past. They're no longer interested in niche channels.
The revamped Channel V into a bilingual music channel in 2016 before converting it back to youth GEC and niche movie chnanel. But it was too late and bilingual music channels are outdated. It didn't reach both hindi and english target audience.

There will be not any surprising if they announce rebranding of Pravah Picture as Star Pravah 2. Because pravah picture's journey is on same path. The channel launched for movies and now only daily 2 movies are telecasting. All other time they telecasting pravah's Old shows and dubbed mythological shows of Star Plus. Also there is no any signs of HD feed addition on any DTH.

OFF TOPIC I think pure play music channel like MTV Beats HD is doing well. Yes Sony Rox HD too did not survive but then FTA like 9xM,Masti, B4U music , were on DD freedish for a long time and are doing well. I dont understand why it will be a niche channel when music as a whole can be exploited inspite of there being youtube etc, The strategy plays a important role when 9X media inspite of being on selling blocks had survived purely on the strength of its music channels exception being 9XO. I guess the returns would have been considered and Star, Sony being foreign broadcasters are not interested while Indian broadcasters are still continuing with Viacom doing well with MTV Beats HD and VH1 .I guess the new entrant showbox with its varied contents is doing well. Ilove too tried the same was on DD freedish and was partially successful too but due to carriage fee and maybe other funding issues is now not on major platforms and had put Mtunes too on the backburner.

Last edited:
OFF TOPIC I think pure play music channel like MTV Beats HD is doing well. Yes Sony Rox HD too did not survive but then FTA like 9xM,Masti, B4U music , were on DD freedish for a long time and are doing well. I dont understand why it will be a niche channel when music as a whole can be exploited inspite of there being youtube etc, The strategy plays a important role when 9X media inspite of being on selling blocks had survived purely on the strength of its music channels exception being 9XO. I guess the returns would have been considered and Star, Sony being foreign broadcasters are not interested while Indian broadcasters are still continuing with Viacom doing well with MTV Beats HD and VH1 .I guess the new entrant showbox with its varied contents is doing well. Ilove too tried the same was on DD freedish and was partially successful too but due to carriage fee and maybe other funding issues is now not on major platforms and had put Mtunes too on the backburner.
But bindass not shutting down

K6tYc1X.png

Sonypal
Star utsav
Zee anmol
Colors rishtey

4 Big broadcaster channels not participate in this auction
So, This ensures that they will not rebrand Bindass as star utsav 2. Because they not participated in e-auction.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock