Bought Airtel Xstream Black - Worst Decision

• Thread starter Thread starter Venkat1996
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 2
  • Views Views: Views 487

Venkat1996

Reaction score
So, I bought Airtel Xstream Black 899 Plan with Internet and DTH. Now, unable to even use DTH properly because of sh#t features. Trying to get back the HD Box that I had previously but customer service is telling that I cannot downgrade.

Positives: - Channel changing is faster, better looking ui (only to new generation)

Negatives -
1. No use of favourite channels - ui/remote is so poor that instead of using fav channels, it would be easier to use guide
2. No modifying 'my channels'
3. Video Settings need to be changed everytime I turn it on, so poor SD quality of normal channels
4. Add channel button (why is it so f**king easy here? it even adds by mistake if you click ok twice) and it is for the full month and not per day basis so you cannot even cancel
5. Since no fav channels navigation you need to scroll through ads and non subscribed channel to get to one working channel. (or remember the number, why?)

I already have android tv, why do I need android box with same features?

Only positive is that internet is working perfectly.

Firstly buddy if u already owned Smart TV then why did u opt for XStream Box

- Picture Quality of SD and HD channels is excellent on Airtel XStream Box so is the audio quality which is top notch....also there is no such thing/issue that each time one switches on TV then video settings need to changes, apply settings on box + TV suitable to u and that shall be applicable across all chs

- "My Channels" tab is a feature which shows ur most viewed channels and these keep changing as per ur viewing pattern

- Remote UI of XStream Box is very good, no such problem as u mentioned....buttons r perfectly placed and using same is very convenient + hassle free.

- Channel Activation thru STB is a feature provided to ease adding chs to DTH Account however yes airtel needa to bring a lock or authentication feature to prevent chs getting added by mistake.

- Favorite feature is available on XStream Box, u can go to settings and choose ur favorite chs...LCN allocation might be introduced soon across all boxes as currently in SD / HD box too favourite channels can be stored in 4 different profiles

Please post snaps of ur box to verify that u actually have bought the box and we can help u out regarding issue being faced

also there is no such thing/issue that each time one switches on TV then video settings need to changes, apply settings on box
I am getting SD good quality only when watching on video setting of 1080p or 1080i but everytime I turn it off and turn it on, the video settings revert to auto and choose 4k option

Remote UI of XStream Box is very good, no such problem as u mentioned....buttons r perfectly placed and using same is very convenient + hassle free.
- Favorite feature is available on XStream Box, u can go to settings and choose ur favorite chs...LCN allocation might be introduced soon across all boxes as currently in SD / HD box too favourite channels can be stored in 4 different profiles
There is no 'fav' button to make use of favorite channels.... To scroll through favourite channel, first go to home, then find favourite channel (in my channel) in scroll box (with incomplete details) and also scroll through other random channels that airtel added to my channel and always different order... yes no issue with ui at all... keep adding channel to favourite but cannot make use of it (excellent feature /s)

LCN allocation might be introduced soon across all boxes as currently in SD / HD box too favourite channels can be stored in 4 different profiles
if you look at some older posts (I unfortunately only found this site after facing problems) then you will see that this is a long standing issue... so no hope for it at all

"My Channels" tab is a feature which shows ur most viewed channels and these keep changing as per ur viewing pattern
Key Point: "KEEP CHANGING" means you cannot make proper use of it and need to search for what you want in a smaller subset...

Firstly buddy if u already owned Smart TV then why did u opt for XStream Box
Because they did not give option and said "which is available with engineer will be given" but when I call and asked for HD Box they said "you can buy another for Rs. 900" - f**king joke...

Back
Top Bottom