CCTV News sets foot in India

JitendraKumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Joining the bandwagon of government-owned television channels, CCTV News, the international English news channel of China Central Television, has arrived in India.

Sources said the Chinese state-owned news channel has inked carriage deals with Dish TV, India’s largest direct-to-home (DTH) service provider in terms of subscriber base, and Siti Cable, one of the leading multi-system operators (MSOs) in the country.

CCTV-News CCTV News is available on channel 617 on Dish TV while on Siti Cable, it is available on channel 432 in Mumbai and Delhi, channel 317 in Bengaluru and channel 663 in Kolkata.

CCTV News thus joins a list of government-owned networks that have launched in India. Recently, French government-owned France 24 set foot in India through a carriage deal with Dish TV and Freedish.

The Indian market also has a presence of other government-owned networks. Prominent among them are the German government’s international news network DW Network, Japanese pubcaster NHK World, and the Australian government’s hybrid news and current affairs channel Australian Network.

Launched in 2000, CCTV News reaches 100 million viewers in 97 countries. Its wide range of coverage includes newscasts, in-depth reports, and commentary programmes, as well as a host of feature presentations.

I think CCTV is available on Dishtv for almost 12 months...
It broadcasts highly biased news about India & shows the map of India that one can hardly recognise, it shows many parts of northern India as chinese territory.
Dont know how this channel is allowed in India....

CCTV News is available in Chennai SCV cable from 2009 itself (from the day I started using SCV Digital - CAS)..

NinadG said:
I think CCTV is available on Dishtv for almost 12 months...
It broadcasts highly biased news about India & shows the map of India that one can hardly recognise, it shows many parts of northern India as chinese territory.
Dont know how this channel is allowed in India....

this channel should be banned in India if it is working against our country

I agree.. chinese dont like Indians... for d faft that in next 20 yrs time India will be more powerful than them. Also they help Pakistan... want to squeeze kashmir from both LAC amd now d pakistan s side.. We dont need d chinese.. and no need of this channel. Ban it. :damn

shawl_who said:
I agree.. chinese dont like Indians... for d faft that in next 20 yrs time India will be more powerful than them. Also they help Pakistan... want to squeeze kashmir from both LAC amd now d pakistan s side.. We dont need d chinese.. and no need of this channel. Ban it. :damn

More powerful??
Our politician will sell the country to others and go to other country.

piinku1 said:
More powerful??
Our politician will sell the country to others and go to other country.

AAP has been born to keep these politicians in check. :hehe

In next 20 yrs, India will be the top Asian superpower, dethroning china etc.
In next 50 yrs, India will dethrone the U.S.

There are statistical analysis/facts/various reports which state this. :k :eek:hya

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock