CEO Explains Niche Channel Concept via Email

But if the content is available online thru' internet then why to pay for it at premium US price in India.

NinadG said:
But if the content is available online thru' internet then why to pay for it at premium US price in India.

How much money, time and effort do you spend on downloading content from the internet? Compare that with Rs 60 per month / Rs. 500 per year and then decide whether you will subscribe to this channel or not. At the end it is always your choice. There is no doubt that this is a first of its kind premium channel in India airing first run shows almost simultaneously as their US broadcast. TS is not forcing anybody to subscribe to or pay for this channel. Premium pricing is firstly determined by the channel / broadcaster itself. TS is a carrier and so is any other DTH who negotiate with the broadcaster and offer the channel to customers at a certain rate. After all, they are in the market to make a profit from running a business. They will not lose money by offering the channel at lower cost if the channel itself is demanding a certain subscription price per subscriber. If TS finds it can afford to include new channels in Mega pack, it would surely do so - they have already included many new channels and I am sure will continue to add throughout the next year of migration activity. But this apparently is a premium channel which TS is not able to include due to broadcaster asking for a premium price. I think this is acceptable. It's your choice whether you find it worth subscribing to or not.

Dob't you see,this is just biggining.are you eady to pay 1000 rs per month if you get such 10 channels

gappa said:
Dob't you see,this is just biggining.are you eady to pay 1000 rs per month if you get such 10 channels

Then just don't watch those American shows neither on Star world premium HD nor in internet as both will cost much more than normal TV subscription in India and stick to Indian shows or wait until those shows comes to star world. :lol

I think one cannot expect "Best of America with America in Indian price"

bond_bhai said:
I think people will be ok to pay 60 if we get atleast 4 - 5 channels. But only one channel for 60 is too high and a Joke

I subscribed for one month.As a protest for preferring this channel by TS at this price (even if it is their business parner's )over other popular HD channels demanded by HD subscibers I will discontinue this channel after one month.

Tata Sky enhances offering in Kerala with 19 Malayalam channels

Signs Superstar Mohanlal as brand ambassador

Kochi, 9th September, 2013: Tata Sky, the leading Direct-to-home service provider in the country announced the addition of a fresh set of Malayalam channels to its offering, taking its total count to 19 channels, amongst the highest by any DTH player in the country.

Attractively priced, Tata Sky South channel packages start from Rs. 170/- which includes channels & services ranging from 12 English news channels, 7 English knowledge & entertainment channels, 15 Hindi news & general entertainment channels such as Sony, Star & Zee, 2 music channels, 16 religious channels and 19 DD channels as the base pack. The introductory base pack provides any 3 regional language packs from 19 Malayalam, 22 Tamil, 15 Telugu and 11 Kannada channels, free of cost. Tata Sky also offers a unique flexibility in choosing the channels (a la carte basis) you want to watch and make your own pack.

On this occasion, Vikram Mehra Chief Commercial Officer at Tata Sky said, "The inclusion of the Malayalam channels reconfirms our commitment to customers and also highlights the significance of Kerala as one of the key market in the country. Increasing its footprint, Tata Sky will be available with over 3000 dealers across all 10 districts in Kerala, with the help of hundreds of service partners & call center staff trained in Malayalam.”

With the addition of the Malayalam channels, and signing the superstar Mohanlal, Tata Sky continues to reinforce its focus on the Kerala market, further strengthening its position nationally.

Mr. Mehra further stated, “We welcome Mohanlal to the Tata Sky family. We are proud to be associated with a personality who professionally and personally exhibits our brand values of high quality, innovation and integrity. We are hence keen to feature this phenomenal star in a high–decibel multi-media ad campaign, launching this September,” he added.

Speaking on the occasion, superstar Mohanlal said, “I am delighted to be associated with Tata Sky, a brand that has redefined excellence in home entertainment. Starting this festive season, with the addition of new Malayalam channels, people of Kerala can now enjoy superior quality and regional content at better value with Tata Sky”.

Tata Sky also provides a 24x7 helpline that is trained to answer subscriber queries in Malayalam along with 12 other languages, relocation services across the country, multiple re-charge options along with customer friendly self-care website http://www.mytatasky.com

Channels in Malayalam now available on Tata Sky:
Amrita
Asianet
Asianet Movies
Asianet News
Asianet Plus
DD Malyalam
Indiavision
Jaihind
Jeevan TV
Kairali
Kairali WE
Kiran TV
Kochu
Manorama News

Downloading thru internet is costly including electric change and data charge.

But downloading via internet saves into HDD for lifetimes which j can enjoy on mobile or table.

To get recording u need ts HD+ stb

STAR PREMIERE HD, HBO HITS HD, HBO DEFINED HD & ROMEDY NOW+ are Niche channels for a very limited audience. If you really want it you need to pay more and subscribe else do not watch it. If these channels are provided to all subscribers then its no longer Niche!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock