Changes In Just One Year

maneeshahuja

Reaction score
I had bought Videocon New Diamond Pack exactly an year back (Along with two child packs) The Benefits which I got on that time was as follows:-

1.Parent package rate 320 and child rate 160 per connection.
2.Active music (20 channel radio channels) was also included in pack.
3.12 months of D2H movies was free.
4.In Long term benefits for one year 50 days were extra.

Now see the difference in just one year

1.Rates have been revised as Parent package rate 340 and child rate 180 per connection. (Rs.720 extra)
2.For active music need to pay Rs 20 extra for each connection. (720 Rs Extra)
3.For D2H movies need to pay Rs 60 extra for each connection. (2160 Rs Extra)
4.In Long term benefits for one year is now 40 days. (loosing 230 Rs)

That means; I had paid 7680 for annual subscription (got benefits for almost 14 months) , to get the same benefits will have to pay 11280 (that too loosing 10 days benefits).

My subscription is ending in next month; I guess switching to other DTH would be a better idea.:-((

What do you say?

Also confirm, is it the story of all DTH or only Videocon is exception??

But I still feel D2H is better (not best) comparing other DTH...

All Dth companies have increased the monthly package price. I am an Airtel user and I am sure Airtel is far more expensive than Videocon d2h. If you are satisfied with Videocon D2h services than it is advisable to continue with the same. As you are under an advance rental plan so your package price remains same till the end(next month).
Just check other dth operators annual packs and compare them.

All dth increased there base pack price,so to change dth is not advisable from my view of point

On the basis of cost,I think it is not advisable to change from d2h to another..

yes

last 3-4 years

d2h hike rate very execpetally

just compare what he paid rs7k to 11k., around 80% hike

no other dth hike this 80% in 1 year except d2h.

so what I was suggesting many people that d2h is not cheap service as of now.

no point in going with d2h with no extra benifties with mant lackunas like gui, signal, recording, STB quality, cust service.

d2h gain major share in initial year, which d2h cant sustain for coming year.

d2H comes for biz with profits and not loss in biz.

its doesnot matter that in what time price hiked...but if you want to switch to other dth then take a look at there price + packing system..you will find the price same but no. of ch low..

for example d2h is the only d2h to give all hindi movies + entertainment+ hindi music in its lowest pack . and just one above pack you will get all sports ..

me_saket said:
yes

last 3-4 years

d2h hike rate very execpetally

just compare what he paid rs7k to 11k., around 80% hike

no other dth hike this 80% in 1 year except d2h.

so what I was suggesting many people that d2h is not cheap service as of now.

no point in going with d2h with no extra benifties with mant lackunas like gui, signal, recording, STB quality, cust service.

d2h gain major share in initial year, which d2h cant sustain for coming year.

d2H comes for biz with profits and not loss in biz.

justify of theory of 80% Price Hike

this thread Starter is misleading everyone
d2h Cinema (60rs) and active music (20rs) are add-ons and not not a part of any base pack

only problem is benefits reduced on LTR

hike in Base packs is normal in Every DTH

My subscription ends by end of this month and Im planning to renew the same South Platinum HD pack despite fewer benefits. Will miss D2H Cinema. :(

Well, for 11k you're getting three fully functional connections which Im sure would cost you a lot more on other dth. Explore what you'll get for 11k on other platforms. I'm sure you'll stick with d2h if you go with same set of services.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock