Changes In Just One Year

me_saket said:
I mean to say

Initially d2h given lots of freebies and captured many new subscriber.

Now feebies removes and crust has to compulsory watch remaing.

This tactics only used by d2 h And not by any other DTH.

If portability comes, he can change, but its not started,

So those crust are feeling unsatafied.

One concept is there

Cost of acquisition for new customer

D2h keep it negative, and that loss is not been fulfilled by now.

But other DTH always keep it low, not negative.

Cost of acquisition is include stb, CPE, odu, free subscription, commission to dealers , installation cost, material cost, and any other bonus paid to sale or dealer team.

Yeah. As you said, d2h is doing biz. So, they need to do some tactics to attract customers. Since they were new, they offered so many things and earned a lot of customers.

Now they are reducing offers. This is not meaning that they are earning more money. Only freebies are reduced. Even without those freebies, the price of d2h is cheaper comparing the other DTH operators.

So, I advice the thread started to stay with d2h since he can still save some money with d2h, though it is not as much high as he saved last year. If you are going to choose another dth,

you need invest for new set top box
you cannot get the same number of channels & services for same/lesser amount that d2h is offering.
you cannot get any VOD/PPV channels as part of base pack.

About the d2h cinema and active music, if you still want to have those services, you have to pay more to d2h and I agree it. But if you are moving to another dth, you still cannot get these type of services for free. Again, you need to pay more. So, if you are including those additional amounts to be paid in other dth providers, you will end up with more than 11K.

About d2h Cinema, d2h charging 60rs for 4 movies

Other side Some Other DTH Operators charging more than 50rs for singal movie

If d2h charge 100rs for d2h Cinema but it will be cheapest among others

Hi Everyone

Thanks to all for giving overwhelming response to my queries.

I agree that 12 months of D2H movies channel was promotional offer but Active music (20 channel radio channels) was PART OF BASIC PACK.

Now both have gone, package price increased and even Long term benefits has been reduced.

Whenever anybody buys a DTH, they look for all these factors.

Now, does DTH service provider has free hand to increasing the price and reducing the services (e.g. active music etc) without any justification; Specially when we have invested large sum initially for hardware and switching over is not allowed.

I understand from above thread that all DTH are doing same injustice. What does regulatory authorities is doing to stop such practices?

Regards

Maneesh

It will be good, if it is possible that the customer buy good quality hardware for HD/SD/DVR/PVR and ODU hardwares as per their requirement and the same can be used with any DTH service like MNP (Mobile Number Portability)....so that more competition Will come among DTH service providers..surely the customers can benefit from that.....Currently the initial investment is a burden if one like to change the service...And all DTH companies take it as a plus point for them...Customers are bound to continue with the current service provider until he invest a lot of money in a new service hardware...

jerome5633 said:
same can be used with any DTH service like MNP

I heard a news that this needs to be implemented from July 2013. But still not implemented. But we all know that we are in India...

If Trai & Govt decides then it is just a matter of time for portability implemention.
But we know Trai (especially now a days) keeps finding out many things in favour of DTH/Telecom operators & keeps delaying things.
They doesn't want to make Indya true India.

Is there any official email id or mailing address of TRAI, where we can ask for explanations and raise an official complaint for such price hikes?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock