Chennai DAS Updates.

profsathya said:
@House MD why don't you prepare mso available in Chennai, stb price offered. Channels and package available, comparison between different mso. That will be helpful to all analogue customers in Chennai.

Sure, nice idea. Will do it by this weekend. :tup

Since Arasu has extended STB tender to 9th June we can expect Private MSO's/LCO's to slightly delay their STB delivery.

dinee said:
Will lco from different areas offer different price

Nopes.

These LCO's have an union type of a setup and so will discuss within themselves and will fix the package pricing.

E.g. VK has the highest pack of SD+HD (i think its excluding Sun Network) at Rs 199 + Service Tax Rs 30 + roundoff Rs 1 = Rs 230. [In this amount excluding tax VK will share around 30-40% with LCO]

The person who collects the subscription (not the LCO but the collection man) will charge another Rs 20 and this brings the cost to Rs 250. Most VK digital LCO's will charge this amount and a very few LCO with a variation of max Rs 10 or 20 (Rs 270 max).

Also subscribers have friends from all areas so they wont accept monthly subscription with huge variation.

sathishbabu4u said:
What i assume is

VK and SCV will stop Analogue asap , (mostly from 1st June ) , before Arasu starts its process, and they will start sell their STBs at low cost , anyway they  can earn those amounts through monthly subscription (they can increase monthly subscription in near future).

VK Digital Analogue still continues but channel swapping has happened.

Ten Sports replaced with Times Now.
Ten Sports relocated in a blank slot between Jaya Plus & Jaya HD.
Nick replaced with blank.
Times Now replaced with Nick.

No new channel addition or removal. It's boring to see the same old channels. Hope they remove all non-tamil regional language channels (5 nos) and place some useful channels in those places. We currently have Colors, Asianet, Zee Telugu, Sahara One, Kairali and two blank slots where Sun News and Madhaa channels were there.

Thats all for now.

HOUSE-MD said:
VK Digital Analogue still continues but channel swapping has happened.

Ten Sports replaced with Times Now.
Ten Sports relocated in a blank slot between Jaya Plus & Jaya HD.
Nick replaced with blank.
Times Now replaced with Nick.

No new channel addition or removal. It's boring to see the same old channels. Hope they remove all non-tamil regional language channels (5 nos) and place some useful channels in those places. We currently have Colors, Asianet, Zee Telugu, Sahara One, Kairali and two blank slots where Sun News and Madhaa channels were there.

Thats all for now.

Yes..

I thought of VK will do something from 1st June.
Seems, Arasu delayed the STB process, hence these MSOs also slightly delaying and keeping their customers .
let's see how it goes, mostly before June end we will know the Chennai digitization , else analogue will continue for next few years.

HOUSE-MD said:
Nopes.

These LCO's have an union type of a setup and so will discuss within themselves and will fix the package pricing.

E.g. VK has the highest pack of SD+HD (i think its excluding Sun Network) at Rs 199 + Service Tax Rs 30 + roundoff Rs 1 = Rs 230. [In this amount excluding tax VK will share around 30-40% with LCO]

The person who collects the subscription (not the LCO but the collection man) will charge another Rs 20 and this brings the cost to Rs 250. Most VK digital LCO's will charge this amount and a very few LCO with a variation of max Rs 10 or 20 (Rs 270 max).

Also subscribers have friends from all areas so they wont accept monthly subscription with huge variation.

hi, i am from Puzhudhivakkam area, in our place they are collecting Rs 350/- for full HD excluding Sun network HD.
VK Digital should have to control these things, they are allowing LCOs to collect whatever they want.

I am staying near by in ULLAGARAM, which lco gives you vk digital? Same with other mso too.

hi, i am from Puzhudhivakkam area, in our place they are collecting Rs 350/- for full HD excluding Sun network HD.
VK Digital should have to control these things, they are allowing LCOs to collect whatever they want.

Looks like your LCO is collecting subscription charge for SD+HD+Sun Network HD and has failed to provide you Sun Network HD channels, print and show him VK package pricing details (available in the first post of this thread) and demand an explanation.

OR may be VK has given its LCO's the power to fix their own pricing and your LCO is charging Rs 250 worth pack at Rs 350 as per his wish.

Thanks for the detail, when my LCO comes to deliver STB i will demand package details and if he is trying to sell me Rs 150 pack at Rs 250 i wont go DAS (TCCL & SCV seems to sell SD+HD Pack at Rs 250-300 max) and would use my internet to watch programmes till i can move to some DTH which atleast i can carry wherever i go and dont have to worry about LCO's & MSO's.

Last edited:
TRAI has asked all MSO's to not place a channel in more than one place, but today VK has Republic Tv at 3 places. Already the first channel, then next to Times now and now in the place where DAS ad was running. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock