Chennai DAS Updates.

Same in all Areas, for SD pack with all channels its Rs 250 and SD+HD pack at Rs 300/350. No difference in Pack, if we get SD STB we have to pay Rs 250 and if we get HD STB we have to pay Rs 300/350.

LCO's are free to collect what ever they want. SCV seems to collect Rs 300 for SD+HD Pack and definitely LCO will collect Rs 50 additional and bring it to Rs 350.

May be LCO's have invested in STB's and trying to cover costs by hiking the subscription charges. Anyhow, LCO's seem to increase subscription charge by Rs 50 - 100 from the actual MSO cost.

Even if Arasu comes these LCO's may simply double or triple the subscription cost and force subscribers to pay the same. Seems no respite from LCO's.
Hi..
I spoke with my LCO..now they reduced from 350 to 300..but still i asked to reduce upto 250...will see in next month.

Hi..
I spoke with my LCO..now they reduced from 350 to 300..but still i asked to reduce upto 250...will see in next month.

Ok, good to know. In my area too SD pack with all channels is Rs 250 and SD+HD pack with all channels (excluding Sun Network HD) is Rs300. (y)

Yet its still costly by Rs 70 for the Rs 230 pack (Rs 199 + 30 ST). Even if the collecting person takes Rs 20 the pack shouldn't be costlier than Rs 250.

VK Digital should have the following Packs (LCO's increasing the price will earn very bad name for MSO and subscribers will keep moving to DTH) to make it a hit and pull some of the DTH users,
K Prime - SD pack with all channels including sports: Rs 200 (inclusive of tax).
K Mega - SD+HD pack with all channels including sports (excluding Sun Network HD): Rs 250 (inclusive of tax).
SD+HD pack with all channels including sports including Sun Network HD: Rs 300-350 (inclusive of tax).

Last edited:
Last edited:
any news about stb tender?

As usual it has been postponed for the 4th time to Wednesday 14 June. :mad:

The following news explains the complete issue in details. ;)

Bk6Q6EK.png

VK Digital Analogue Updates - 14 Jun 2017

"None" IN

"Captain Tv & HD STB & DAS Promotion Channel" OUT

---

VK Digital MSO has removed its HD STB & DAS Promotional channel. While SCV & TCCL have boosted their DAS & STB promotion is VK out of the race?

Also this MSO does not provide any "English GEC" nor any "International News Channel". For those who want just some Tamil channels and one single sports channel can feel happy and others should look elsewhere.

Arasu DAS Updates - 15 Jun 2017

---
  1. Arasu Cable TV has received five bids to provide free ‘set top boxes’ (STBs) to nearly 75 lakh subscribers.
  2. Sample boxes submitted to Arasu Cable will be sent to a Government of India (GoI) approved laboratory for testing.
  3. Eligible bidders will be called on a specific date & winner will be announced.
  4. Two weeks for the above process to be completed.
  5. By June end the winner will be known.
  6. STB delivery expected by July/August.
  7. Chennai expected to go DAS first & other areas in phases.
  8. LCO's will now decide if they will stay with private MSO or will move to Arasu.
  9. Private MSO will offer further discounts or Free STB same as Arasu to hold ground.
Source: Arasu Cable gets 5 bids for free STBs

---

:new Tamil Nadu gets digital licence for Arasu Cable TV.

Soon World Standard Digital Cable Service in Tamil Nadu: TN Government

----

Arasu Cable Tv Set Top Box Channels List

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock