Chennai DAS Updates.

VK Digital Analogue Updates - 08 Sep 2017

VK Analogue operates with mass blank slots, fewer Tamil & English Channels.

May be its time they call off Analogue and focus on DAS as they have excellent DAS packs and a proper approach Chennai subscribers would be more than happy to switch over

NONE IN

NDTVOUT

---
Now VK and SCV days are over and i hope all LCOs in TN (including Chennai) will connect Arasu cable within 3 to 6 months and subscribers will be happy to get STB for free (mostly 200 to 300 for connectivity charges), even the monthly charge will be little huge ( i can say rs. 200 is not big to get most of pay channels , as currently we are paying 120 for nothing channels.)

Now VK and SCV days are over and i hope all LCOs in TN (including Chennai) will connect Arasu cable within 3 to 6 months and subscribers will be happy to get STB for free (mostly 200 to 300 for connectivity charges), even the monthly charge will be little huge ( i can say rs. 200 is not big to get most of pay channels , as currently we are paying 120 for nothing channels.)

Comparing analogue anything is better but if we compare SCV's Diamond pack at Rs 230 plus tax and VK Digital Rs 250 incl of tax, Arasu's 225 plus tax is way too costly and obsolete.

When private MSO's can offer all sports, English movies, GEC and other channels at just Rs 250 incl of tax, why cant Arasu do the same?

Just check the following article from Dinamalar, it clearly explains the issue.

p3pjXYD.png

Also it isnt clear if new LCO's will receive STB as Arasu promised free STB only for their current subscribers and has also issued orders only for them and not seem to be for new Chennai subscribers.

Last edited:
Comparing analogue anything is better but if we compare SCV's Diamond pack at Rs 230 plus tax and VK Digital Rs 250 incl of tax, Arasu's 225 plus tax is way too costly and obsolete.

When private MSO's can offer all sports, English movies, GEC and other channels at just Rs 250 incl of tax, why cant Arasu do the same?

Just check the following article from Dinamalar, it clearly explains the issue.

p3pjXYD.png

Also it isnt clear if new LCO's will receive STB as Arasu promised free STB only for their current subscribers and has also issued orders only for them and not seem to be for new Chennai subscribers.

If it DAS comes, every one has to pay more than current cost. Before CAS, in chennai, we are paying 160 , but comes CAS comes in Sep 2003, the cost is increased and also have to pay for new STB.
The only thing, if we goes behind Arasu, STB will be free (or lesser cost than other MSOs) and hidden cost will not be there.
After some times, chances are there Other Private MSOs will increase the cost as once STB sold out , customer cann't move out. But as Govt concern arasu won't increase much.

If it DAS comes, every one has to pay more than current cost. Before CAS, in chennai, we are paying 160 , but comes CAS comes in Sep 2003, the cost is increased and also have to pay for new STB.
The only thing, if we goes behind Arasu, STB will be free (or lesser cost than other MSOs) and hidden cost will not be there.
After some times, chances are there Other Private MSOs will increase the cost as once STB sold out , customer cann't move out. But as Govt concern arasu won't increase much.

Cost increase after DAS is acceptable, but they way Arasu has increased is way higher. SCV & TCCL too offers free STB, to attract customers Arasu has to first bring down the Rs 225 pack to Rs 200 and offer all Tamil, Sports and English channels within this pack, let those who want other language channels like Hindi pay additional.

Atleast Arasu has to offer the same set of pay channels it offered under analogue at Rs 70 for Rs 125 under DAS. Rs 55 hike for DAS is understandable, but placing channels like Cartoon Network, BBC World, MNX (only on 275 pack) under Rs 225 pack is unacceptable.

Looks like Arasu has picked these package pricing from Private MSO's from North India. I too like Arasu, but this isn't the Arasu that offered Analogue for Rs 70. The Arasu which offered Rs 70 Analogue was loved by the public. We seem to have a new Arasu who is ditto copying the private MSO's from the North India or the one that LCO's like but not the subscribers.

Last edited:
Arasu returns with a bang, has reduced Rs 275 pack to Rs 175. Also has added sports to Rs 125 pack. This is the Arasu we expected. I'm ready to pay Rs 250 to LCO for a brand new Arasu STB and go DAS with the Rs 175 Pack.

I would need atleast 2-3 connections but for now will settle with one STB and when more are available will get additional.

Last edited:
So hereafter only two packages 125 and 175 right bros ??

So including GST it'll will come 210 asusual our lco will 220 to 230 i think

But still gud enough no doubt in that but still have to check aq and pq of Channels

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock