Chennai DAS Updates.

RkcNV5b.png

Source: ‘Seize equipment of defaulting MSOs’
wow good news..
Seems DAS going to happen in chennai in few days.
My LCO desperate in selling VK STB only. Don't know how to get Arasu STB.

VK Digital Analogue Updates - 01 Feb 2018

--

Nxt (Colors Tamil) IN

VK Digital HD STB Info Channel OUT (for several months)

With STB Info channel missing for very long can we consider that they are giving up on DAS so have stopped promoting it OR have planned to stop analogue all of a sudden unannounced?

--

VK Analogue operates with mass blank slots, fewer Tamil (over 13 tamil channels lesser than SCV) & English Channels.

May be its time they call off Analogue and focus on DAS as they have excellent DAS packs and a proper approach Chennai subscribers would be more than happy to switch over

---

auHXWkt.png

----
have clarification here.

How many Sports channels VK providing.

am getting SS1 tamil and Ten1.
I though TEN1 providing by VK and SS1 tamil by my LCO.
I called my lco last week, and asked to change SS1 tamil to SS1 english or Sony six for australian open.
But my LCO told, both sports channels providing by VK and he doesn't provide any more channels.
Can anybody confirm this.
am getting SS1 tamil as first channel .

wow good news..
Seems DAS going to happen in chennai in few days.
My LCO desperate in selling VK STB only. Don't know how to get Arasu STB.

1. Please go to this URL - :: Tamil Nadu Arasu Cable TV Corporation Limited ::
  2. Select your District, Zone & Area & Click Search.
  3. Check if your LCO is listed there.

If your LCO is listed the ask him when he will supply Arasu STB.
If your LCO is missing from the list then simply forget Arasu STB as he may not be supplying Arasu STB any time soon.

Most Chennai LCO's are connected with VK Digital & few are with SCV, also are still almost all LCO's & MSO's are running Analogue, hopefully by this or the next month end Analogue will stop and only then we can now if Arasu will be available within Chennai Zone or which MSO will take over the Cities cable network.

have clarification here.

How many Sports channels VK providing.

am getting SS1 tamil and Ten1.
I though TEN1 providing by VK and SS1 tamil by my LCO.
I called my lco last week, and asked to change SS1 tamil to SS1 english or Sony six for australian open.
But my LCO told, both sports channels providing by VK and he doesn't provide any more channels.
Can anybody confirm this.
am getting SS1 tamil as first channel .

VK is providing Ten 1 Alone, SS1 Tamil is provided by LCO.

But what your LCO says could also be right, as Star Sports might have asked MSO's not to provide analogue signal so MSO's might have asked LCO's to do the analogue conversion by themselves at their own risk, so this SS1 could have been indirectly provided by the MSO and LCO has no option to select another channel but simply provide SS1 as their own feed.

1. Please go to this URL - :: Tamil Nadu Arasu Cable TV Corporation Limited ::
  2. Select your District, Zone & Area & Click Search.
  3. Check if your LCO is listed there.

If your LCO is listed the ask him when he will supply Arasu STB.
If your LCO is missing from the list then simply forget Arasu STB as he may not be supplying Arasu STB any time soon.

Most Chennai LCO's are connected with VK Digital & few are with SCV, also are still almost all LCO's & MSO's are running Analogue, hopefully by this or the next month end Analogue will stop and only then we can now if Arasu will be available within Chennai Zone or which MSO will take over the Cities cable network.

I already mention long back,
my lco name not there in the TACTV website.
am damn sure , my lco won't give arasu stb and will force for vk stb.
i hoping , analog will end in chennai in few days, as tactv takes action immediately. Once state and center joins together and hence it is difficult to keep analog in chennai

lot of channels blockout in Chennai VK analog cable.
some of the channels are TEN1, SS1 tamil, Discoverytamil, POGO, chutty tv, Nick , Raj tv, etc..
Don't know what is going in the chennai digilization, but if MSO wants to move digitalization, it should block out all the channels not just sports and english GEC channels

lot of channels blockout in Chennai VK analog cable.
some of the channels are TEN1, SS1 tamil, Discoverytamil, POGO, chutty tv, Nick , Raj tv, etc..
Don't know what is going in the chennai digilization, but if MSO wants to move digitalization, it should block out all the channels not just sports and english GEC channels

Yes, lots of channels including sports gone. Donno if this was a temporary removal as usual only time can tell if Analogue is really coming to an end.

I called my LCO for the removal channels. My LCO told, VK started removing pay channels and analog might end soon.
What abt SCV? is SCV removed any channel in chennai ? any new about that?

I called my LCO for the removal channels. My LCO told, VK started removing pay channels and analog might end soon.
What abt SCV? is SCV removed any channel in chennai ? any new about that?

Is VK analogue still available?

I'm without cable since Jan end as i shifted residence just a few streets away,
  • if i have to opt the costly DTH for just watching just news and sports (i dont want to miss my favourite sports during rain even if i have to pay more) or
  • get local cable with STB or
  • use Cromecast or similar ones to play online content (e.g. news from youtube sports from hotstar etc).
Family wants local cable and have no idea on STB and scolding me frequently to get local cable or to connect DTH but i hate to call the local cable guy as im worried if he will bring VK STB (i have to buy atleast 2 STB in that case) and i suffer with those audio sync issues where audio playing a few mins delayed than video which VK historically has.

I like VK packs and price but they never fix these audio sync issue also several channels would freeze overnight (i watch movies and sports during night times) and only by next day (over 8-10 hrs) they try to fix them which spoils the mood.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock