Chennai DAS Updates.

Please post screen shots as i dont have local cable since long. Last time there was info channel it said Analogue will end for several months and only that channel was removed but Analogue continued strong & long.

I have attached a snapshot.
IMG_20180312_103047_HDR.jpg

if mso's offer setup box and packages for low rate then customers wont move to dth...

if mso's offer setup box and packages for low rate then customers wont move to dth...
Even after arasu started free STB, VK and SCV doesn't seems rush for selling stb and not reducing the stb price. Even MSO reduce the STB price, LCO's charging the original STB cost. Most of the places VK sd stb is selling at 800 to 1000rs. That's the problem. there is no transparent in the local cable cost.

Seems this is new ad.
Looks VK might analog by March end. And hope same SCV will do on March end.
Let's see what subscribers do on April, mostly most of them will jump to DTH
My mso name is still in Arasu cable website but he is selling VK STB only..

Is VK analogue still available?

I'm without cable since Jan end as i shifted residence just a few streets away,
  • if i have to opt the costly DTH for just watching just news and sports (i dont want to miss my favourite sports during rain even if i have to pay more) or
  • get local cable with STB or
  • use Cromecast or similar ones to play online content (e.g. news from youtube sports from hotstar etc).
Family wants local cable and have no idea on STB and scolding me frequently to get local cable or to connect DTH but i hate to call the local cable guy as im worried if he will bring VK STB (i have to buy atleast 2 STB in that case) and i suffer with those audio sync issues where audio playing a few mins delayed than video which VK historically has.

I like VK packs and price but they never fix these audio sync issue also several channels would freeze overnight (i watch movies and sports during night times) and only by next day (over 8-10 hrs) they try to fix them which spoils the mood.

Good idea, better to be without cable or DTH.

Good idea, better to be without cable or DTH.

Yes, personally for me it does not matter as i see everything on internet but family needs cable or DTH.

does it matter to us if analogue comes to an end?

Yes, it does matter. Unless analogue comes to an end the LCO's continue to enjoy free connection from MSO and earn surplus tax free revenue which forces them to put DAS aside also they dont care about quality as analogue has no issues with quality so in-order to get quality service, good packs and competitive pricing DAS has to come into effect on a full scale.

Even after arasu started free STB, VK and SCV doesn't seems rush for selling stb and not reducing the stb price. Even MSO reduce the STB price, LCO's charging the original STB cost. Most of the places VK sd stb is selling at 800 to 1000rs. That's the problem. there is no transparent in the local cable cost.

Its all the LCO who are playing spoil sport and stopping DAS so they can keep earning surplus tax free revenue from free analogue they receive from MSO.

Yes, my previous LCO clearly said that even if MSO offers STB for free he will sell it for Rs 500 in the name of installation as he has to earn money so everyone has to forget about free STB and he also said that Chennai MSO wont allow Arasu to enter Chennai as they have online and offline payment options so even if Quality sucks (channel freeze & audio sync issue) people have to manage with VK or whatever MSO he is connected to.

Also he does not care how many packs the MSO offers, he only offers 2 packs, all SD pack at Rs 250 and all HD at Rs 300 (except sun network which is additional).

Yes, every LCO sells the STB at any cost he preffers and not per the MSO's choice. So the same VK SD STB sold by my LCO at Rs 500 (Dec 2017 pricing) is being sold at Rs 800 & even at Rs 1000 by other LCO's.

When government imposes MRP on everything i simply dont understand how LCO's get to sell everything at their own choice and go on a LOOT SPREE.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock