Chennai DAS Updates.

Is VK analogue still available?

I'm without cable since Jan end as i shifted residence just a few streets away,
  • if i have to opt the costly DTH for just watching just news and sports (i dont want to miss my favourite sports during rain even if i have to pay more) or
  • get local cable with STB or
  • use Cromecast or similar ones to play online content (e.g. news from youtube sports from hotstar etc).
Family wants local cable and have no idea on STB and scolding me frequently to get local cable or to connect DTH but i hate to call the local cable guy as im worried if he will bring VK STB (i have to buy atleast 2 STB in that case) and i suffer with those audio sync issues where audio playing a few mins delayed than video which VK historically has.

I like VK packs and price but they never fix these audio sync issue also several channels would freeze overnight (i watch movies and sports during night times) and only by next day (over 8-10 hrs) they try to fix them which spoils the mood.
Yes Correct bro
In VK Audio sync problem is there in mostly Polimer HD ,Star Vijay HD ,Zee Tamil HD ,Siripolli etc

Yes Correct bro
In VK Audio sync problem is there in mostly Polimer HD ,Star Vijay HD ,Zee Tamil HD ,Siripolli etc

Yes, i simply love their pack's & pricing but can never accept their incompetence to serve quality service. Sometimes it makes me feel that they are doing these to bring those channels viewership down as during live news debates and other interesting programs audio mismatch is a major one leaving no choice but to shift to other channels and several English channels freezing during night times and staying frozen till mid day looks like they dont monitor channels for close to half a day else both channel freeze issue and audio sync issues are not a tough task as they are successfully managed by other MSO's.

I used to hate SCV when they were available for me as they had serious issues in adding competitors channels but they never had such quality related issues. No idea how TCCL & TACTV DAS service are.

Now finally VK digital going to end analogue signal soon in Chennai !!! See the info channel of VK digital near kalingar tv

Is VK analogue still available?

I'm without cable since Jan end as i shifted residence just a few streets away,
  • if i have to opt the costly DTH for just watching just news and sports (i dont want to miss my favourite sports during rain even if i have to pay more) or
  • get local cable with STB or
  • use Cromecast or similar ones to play online content (e.g. news from youtube sports from hotstar etc).
Family wants local cable and have no idea on STB and scolding me frequently to get local cable or to connect DTH but i hate to call the local cable guy as im worried if he will bring VK STB (i have to buy atleast 2 STB in that case) and i suffer with those audio sync issues where audio playing a few mins delayed than video which VK historically has.

I like VK packs and price but they never fix these audio sync issue also several channels would freeze overnight (i watch movies and sports during night times) and only by next day (over 8-10 hrs) they try to fix them which spoils the mood.

For us, our Television got repaired 2 weeks back
Planning to buy new LED tv in one or two weeks.
Don't whether to go back with same cable from LCO (mostly analogue would be black out at that time ) or to buy DTH.(have a idea on tatasky thalaiva pack).
Right now, i don't know whether VK still giving analogue / any channels blacked out / added new in last 2-3 weeks

Now finally VK digital going to end analogue signal soon in Chennai !!! See the info channel of VK digital near kalingar tv

Please post screen shots as i dont have local cable since long. Last time there was info channel it said Analogue will end for several months and only that channel was removed but Analogue continued strong & long.

Please post screen shots as i dont have local cable since long. Last time there was info channel it said Analogue will end for several months and only that channel was removed but Analogue continued strong & long.
i think he is saying the same info channel...might be VK started that info channel again

For us, our Television got repaired 2 weeks back
Planning to buy new LED tv in one or two weeks.
Don't whether to go back with same cable from LCO (mostly analogue would be black out at that time ) or to buy DTH.(have a idea on tatasky thalaiva pack).
Right now, i don't know whether VK still giving analogue / any channels blacked out / added new in last 2-3 weeks

Yes, current channels look good on LED Tv's and also might be worth for the monthly subscription we pay. (y)

Me too might move towards DTH as local cable quality has deteriorated (both channel freeze and audio sync issue). I'm checking out Airtel as i have several land line and mobile connections with them and also TataSky as i can see many TataSky dish on my terrace. :)

But family strongly supports local cable as DTH seems to have issues during rainy season and Chennai is quite famous for seasonal rains. :)

Last edited:
i think he is saying the same info channel...might be VK started that info channel again

Yes, i too think the same. VK never changes the same old info channel they are playing for the past 1-2 years. Also they will soon replace Republic tv with this info channel soon so noone can say additional Republic tv was there for long at the same place.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock