Chennai & DAS.

When you think Chennai will go DAS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HOUSE-MD

Contributor
Reaction score
wt* (sorry for the word), all small cities r going DAS but all Chennai's got (at-least most part) got none, only analogue and untrusted CAS. When are we going to go DAS? Any estimates?

dineshakshit1992 said:
Digitisation is a dream for chennai people...with present govt it is not possible

u mean central or state government bro!!

G.Tamil said:
prakash_Tv said:
G.Tamil said:
dineshakshit1992 said:
Digitisation is a dream for chennai people...with present govt it is not possible

u mean central or state government bro!!

state govt. :p:p

i don't think so they are trying for DAS but TRAI not allowing

The state government though doesn't seem to be worried about the worsening quality of Arasu Cable in South TN and increasing loss due to poor management seems to seriously want to get DAS licence for Chennai.

So sure the issue will go to SC and TN might get the licence sooner.

Hatheway is the best digital cable in india....but due to selfish activity of sun group they permanently stop their service in tamilnadu...i think every business or any business is not possible without support frm dmk or admk parties...it is very worst thing in tamilnadu q

dineshakshit1992 said:
Hatheway is the best digital cable in india....but due to selfish activity of sun group they permanently stop their service in tamilnadu...i think every business or any business is not possible without support frm dmk or admk parties...it is very worst thing in tamilnadu q

Yes, either TN govt should have gone CAS in Chennai with competitive STB prices when CAS was in place and then fought with TRAI when the licence was denied and the entire Chennai population would have fought with it and denied TRAI as they would have to pay for STB once again.

All the current issues seems to be directly linked to trying chennai just 1 week before DAS second deadline was to end, had they started in chennai long back all Arasu would have been in control with the situation.

Atleast now after all these TRAI's stubbornness and Arasu's managements failure to get DAS licence Arasu should come to a co-business plan/understanding with good brands like Hathway or some neutral foreign MSO/Cable companies and Digitalize Chennai 100% with huge loan benefits for STB's so even the last subscriber can go DAS paying a small amount for the STB.

great idea pearlpearl brother but it seems jayalalitha itself not interested in this digitization issue...i want hatheway to restart their business in tamilnadu.... suntv is the biggest enemy of digitization in chennai...g

dineshakshit1992 said:
great idea pearlpearl brother but it seems jayalalitha itself not interested in this digitization issue...i want hatheway to restart their business in tamilnadu.... suntv is the biggest enemy of digitization in chennai...g

Yes, you are right. But this Arasu is Jayalalithaa's poll promise so she may not allow any private MSO to go DAS even if it is a neutral brand, so the only solution now is either Arasu should get the DAS licence or it should indirectly get licence in the name of some other MSO and indirectly control Chennai's cable business or purchase an MSO that already has the licence and show that Arasu somehow succeeded.

I too love hathway, had they been there things would have been different. But hathway was brought in chennai to counter the monopoly but things changed later on.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock