Good Picture quality of SD channels in HD box

Did the SD channel picture quality improved in HD Box with HDMI connection than the old composite v

• Greatly improved

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • Small change

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Cannot determine

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • No change

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Poor quality

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

Jerome.J

Reaction score
One week ago I moved to HD STB 2222 with HDMI connection.sd channel pq greatly improved now on same tv than old sd box:tup.My tv is Sony Bravia 32 inch full hd led.Sd box connection was av cord composite video(not component).

composite video:normal av cord connection

We discussed the same through another thread but we need a poll from the users who experienced this ,since this is an interesting topic and many have questions :huh about this.

Personal experience is better than theory.:):clap

Vote on the poll who experienced this.:)

*Now a days many DTH customers are moving/planning from SD to HD upgrade
*The poll result will be useful for many of those who are planning from SD to HD upgrade
:k

Please post things related to the thread, otherwise no use for anybody.So that we will get a good result.

Yes you are 100% right jerome5633 , The HDMI Enabled HD Boxes has a merit to provide Excellent quality Audio/Video. .So The SD channels are also look like HD but those channels who have good quality contents, We get Total information without any loss through HDMI to the Good Led-Tv input port etc and that's make it possible to view best quality.

jenius-jatt said:
Yes you are 100% right jerome5633 Online, The HDMI Enabled HD Boxes has a merit to provide Excellent quality Audio/Video. .So The SD channels are also look like HD but those channels who have good quality contents, We get Total information without any loss through HDMI to the Good Led-Tv input port etc and that's make it possible to view best quality.

@jenius-jatt...Thanks

When we search the same topic online like google search we will get many misleading information....So I created the poll....I am sure this will benefit for many people...Since this poll is based on actual experience...And experts like you please provide the base behind this also

jerome5633 said:
@jenius-jatt...Thanks

When we search the same topic online like google search we will get many misleading information....So I created the poll....I am sure this will benefit for many people...Since this poll is based on actual experience...And experts like you please provide the base behind this also

Jerome Bother rather than forcing people to watch SD channels on LED or LCD Tvs with Hdmi Cable which is not meant to used for that stuff, why dont you appeal from Indian Broadcasters to add more HD channels for which Hdmi cables LED and LCD Tvs are made more rather than forcing peoples to use for which it is not made for watching SD Channels. Remember a MP4 Hd Setbox is made just for HD channels and a Hdmi cables are used on that MP4 HD setbox's to give you maximum resolution and best picture Quality on Big Tvs not to convert SD channels to MP4 HD. But the truth is that SD channel are mainly broadcasted for CRT Tvs and i dont think you will find Hdmi port on any Crt Tv.

DishHD said:
Jerome Bother rather than forcing people to watch SD channels on LED or LCD Tvs with Hdmi Cable which is not meant to used for that stuff, why dont you appeal from Indian Broadcasters to add more HD channels for which Hdmi cables LED and LCD Tvs are made more rather than forcing peoples to use for which it is not made for watching SD Channels. Remember a MP4 Hd Setbox is made just for HD channels and a Hdmi cables are used on that MP4 HD setbox's to give you maximum resolution and best picture Quality on Big Tvs not to convert SD channels to MP4 HD. But the truth is that SD channel are mainly broadcasted for CRT Tvs and i dont think you will find Hdmi port on any Crt Tv.

no brother,
now most of SD channels changed to 16:9 format,so you can enjoy full view of that channel by using HD box.in airtel Trace Sports,VH1,UTV movies,MTV,Super Hitz...

brother (jerome5633) why you want to post it on videocon section,is your topic related to general HD set top boxes or only videocon HD stb?

@DishHD Online: But the truth is that SD channel are mainly broadcasted for CRT Tvs and i dont think you will find Hdmi port on any Crt Tv.

Absolutely NOT friend, Today all signal are 99% in Digital FORMAT and the CRT-Tv work on Analogue Reception The digital signal is being converted to Analouge by RF converter in the STB and many stb don't have this RF converter so that is why some latest STB'S have RF-OUT (Composite Signal) which is going to vanish and yes we still have Audio/Video (component signal),

So saying that SD channels are for only CRT TV'S is wrong ,Even I find some SD channels which are better than HD channel mostly on Russian satellites because of being Recorded in best quality.It doesn't make any difference may be the channel is in MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 as these are format quality to compress Recorded data to save the band width. HD channels can also be in Mpeg-2 (QPSK) or Mpeg-4 having (8PSK) Modulations respectively.

The main difference is the Resolutions which we get in TRUE-HD channels and that is at the moment : 1920 x 1080 so in coming future we will see a huge change in Resolutions ,As of now we have some latest LED Tv supporting Resolutions about:4000 x 2800 aprox. and will called as ULTRA-HD .But definitely that Resolution is not supported by present LCD/LED-TV'S .CRT-TV. CRT-Tv can't even show 16:9 Aspect Ratio movies it will cut the picture and many of you had Experinces it thanks.:)

jenius-jatt said:
@DishHD Online: But the truth is that SD channel are mainly broadcasted for CRT Tvs and i dont think you will find Hdmi port on any Crt Tv.

Absolutely NOT friend, Today all signal are 99% in Digital FORMAT and the CRT-Tv work on Analogue Reception The digital signal is being converted to Analouge by RF converter in the STB and many stb don't have this RF converter so that is why some latest STB'S have RF-OUT (Composite Signal) which is going to vanish and yes we still have Audio/Video (component signal),

So saying that SD channels are for only CRT TV'S is wrong ,Even I find some SD channels which are better than HD channel mostly on Russian satellites because of being Recorded in best quality.It doesn't make any difference may be the channel is in MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 as these are format quality to compress Recorded data to save the band width. HD channels can also be in Mpeg-2 (QPSK) or Mpeg-4 having (8PSK) Modulations respectively.

The main difference is the Resolutions which we get in TRUE-HD channels and that is at the moment : 1920 x 1080 so in coming future we will see a huge change in Resolutions ,As of now we have some latest LED Tv supporting Resolutions about:4000 x 2800 aprox. and will called as ULTRA-HD .But definitely that Resolution is not supported by present LCD/LED-TV'S .CRT-TV. CRT-Tv can't even show 16:9 Aspect Ratio movies it will cut the picture and many of you had Experinces it thanks.:)

Ok Brother Dont compare MP2 with MP4, anyway i had seen many HD setbox sold in the market has MP4 Hd receivers but i have never ever seen a MP2 Hd Setbox may be jenius guys like can create one new MP2 Hd setbox. Ok but comparing Video Containers like MP2 with MP4 is like comparing a nokia black white phone with a Iphone 3 or Samsung S2 depending on the time this Technologies were introduced. Even though MP4 is just a Upgraded version of MP2 but still why people will use old one were has the new one is more advanced. And one more thing even if SD channels signals are converted in digital format sill they can provide 480i resolution max where has an upgraded channel from MP2 SD to MP4 HD can provide 576i resolution Minimum. If MP4 is nothing then why every one became crazy about tatasky in Dreamdth forums since tatasky started to convert its Sd channel to MP4.

@ DishHD, In jenius-jatt post he never mention MP2 HD Setbox. All he said is HD Channels can also be in Mpeg-2. Don't confuse between settopbox, codecs & containers.

@tatasky started to convert its Sd channel to MP4. ?

Answer is already in the previous post friend : (It doesn't make any difference may be the channel is in MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 as these are format quality to compress Recorded data to save the band width)

Why are so angree we are just discussing according to our knowledge. The whole HD game depends upon Resolution not on compression and you know that, which I put in my previous post.Please read it twice so that you may under stand it properly.

Tata{sky is converting it to Mpeg-4 because every body wants to save band width and to increase the number of channels in its DTH platform. So at present MPEG-4 is the best option to save the band width.I am also surprise that why Tata{Sky has not taken this step before as it already have 12 TRANSPONDERS on Insat-4A at 83*East.

It can easily manage HD channels by converting some channels from Mpeg-2 to Mpeg-4 and the saves TP'S can be used for HD channels.So this is the benefit of Compression ok

Now what does the Mpeg-4 does is that it can spare more space whether it is on Hard disk or Transponder by compressing .Now suppose you have 100GB DATA in Mpeg-2 FORMAT and after converting it to Mpeg-4 You will surprise to see a huge space saving because of Compression.

But it doesn't mean you will get HD picture quality, Now HD contents first depend upon the Recording which again should be recorded by HD MOVIE CAMERA and after that you will get the real HD contents, I had never ever said that Mpeg-2 or Mpeg-4 can increase the quality,Neither I support for up scaling in channels. So I again request you to read it clearly what I had said in my previous posts thanks .

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock