Colors Infinity SD enters No. 3 spot

ABCDEFGH

Reaction score
Colors Infinity SD enters No. 3 spot; History TV18 is once again No. 2 in Week 34

Even as the newly launched English entertainment channel Colors Infinity HD entered the chart at No. 3 in Week 33, Colors Infinity SD has now become No. 3 in the genre in Week 34.

As per BARC data for the week ended 28 August, Zee Café continued its lead in the English entertainment genre despite witnessing a drop in viewership.

The second and third spots saw a change, with AXN displacing Star World to make it to the No. 2 spot, while Colors Infinity SD outran Colors Infinity HD to enter the third spot.

Eng-ent-top-3-week-34.jpg

Infotainment

In the infotainment genre, the tussle between National Geographic and History TV18 for the second spot continued. During the week, History TV18 again displaced NGC to take the second spot.

Discovery Channel maintained its lead in the genre and was the only channel among the top three to see some gain in viewership.

Both NGC and History TV18 saw a drop in their respective viewership in Week 34, but the gap between the two decreased considerably.

Info-week-34.jpg

English movie channels

There was no major change in the hierarchy of the English movie channels in the week ended 28 August. However, genre leader Movies Now and No. 3 channel Sony Pix witnessed a drop in their respective viewership.

Second-placed Star Movies was the only channel to see a rise in viewership during the week.

Eng-movie-top-3-week-34.jpg

Top five movies

Movies Now dominated the list of the week’s top-rated films with four spots, conceding only one slot to Star Movies.

The top-rated movie of Week 34 was ‘I, Robot’, followed by the action flick ‘Catwoman’, both showcased on Movies Now.

In the third and fourth spots were ‘Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li’ and ‘Predators’ respectively, again aired on Movies Now.

Interestingly, the second, third and fourth movies on the list had the same ratings, as provided by BARC.

Star Movies occupied the fifth position by airing ‘Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer’.

Eng-movie-top-5-week-34.jpg

Kids

Although the pecking order of the kids channels remained unchanged in Week 34, the viewership of the genre improved as compared to the previous week. In fact, all the top three kids channels saw a rise in their viewership.

Nick continued to lead, followed by Pogo at the second spot and Cartoon Network at the third.

Kids-week-34.jpg

I am fan of Colors Infinity but that does not mean I have manipulated the data:no. Click here & Check for yourself:shy:k

Rahulan Ratnarajah said:
I expected SMS give tough competition :dodgy

Are you taking about SMS :hd

never expect that channel in Top 3 in Near future
as its only a :hd channel. Still high percentage of people are using SD connection
HD cant get more viewership than SD channels in present situation except Colors Infinity HD :lol:shy

Rahulan Ratnarajah said:
Oh My Bad ! Why aren't there any ratings for :HD movie channels ;)

I Think BARC has recently started tracking ratings of Hindi GEC :HD separately.

so expect "ratings of English GEC & Movies :hd" in near future :tup

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock