Confused between Videocon and Tatasky ??

Digital Mastermind

Tata Play Expert
Contributor
Reaction score
I am a current user of Digital cable. I want HD so I want to shift to DTH, reason is LCO is a good friend of mine, but he lack knowledge of HD and he doesn't know when HD is coming.

Other issues in Digital Cable is "
150 channels for 350RS
No HD
No EPG
NO addition of new channels

Good things are PQ/AQ of SD channels are as good as HD channels.
24x7 signal and no interuptions

Well because of HD I want to shift to DTH/

I am confused between tatasky HD and Videocon d2h hd
I have a 40" sony bravia led tv full hd.

well my main issue is PQ/AQ and I want the best
many say that tatasky has better PQ/AQ then D2H,
many also say that thay have sifted to Tata fron d2h because of PQ
some say d2h has better pq

So as u have used both I have a few questions

1. which as better PQ/AQ/Sharpness/Color ??
2. which stays longer in rains ???
3. which has better customer service ???
4. which has better S/W, UI, channel changing speed ???

many say that d2h HD STB has lags and s/w problems ???
Also EPG is not complete ??

Well what should I Do ?? I am confused ??

Shall I stay and continue with Digital cable ??? As digitization in my city is in phase 3 so still time is there, may be then HD may launch, but I cant wait that long.

If DTH then which one do u suggest taking the above points into consideration ???

Thanks and Regards
Anish pai

Out of D2h and Tatasky

1. Tatasky has better quality. I think in HD u will see both are same.

2. Depends on where u live. All are almost same. Unless heavy rain or thunderstorm there will not be any problem in any DTH. Just make sure u get maximum signal strength and quality while setting up your dish by technical team.

3. Tatasky customer support is better in general. It depends on your locality also. In some place u will find d2h or some other dth support is better.

4. Tatasky software, UI and stb is much better. No doubt.

But if u want at less price go with d2h as in d2h HD globe pack is available but in Tatasky there is no separate HD package.

if you compare D2h and Tata sky Pq and AQ then i say tata sky have much better AQ and PQ then D2h

I have Videocon in my home nd ts in my shop which is electronics shop. The sharpness of tatasky is good when you view in small tv's upto 32" but the pq starts to look dull in bigger ones. Actually only the sharpness of tatasky makes anyone feel that pq is good but it is not so. Videocon has better contrast in my view. I'm not defaming ts but this is my observation only. Aq I dint feel much difference in stereo. About dd I can't sat coz I have a normal home theatre at my home. Also Videocon cc is far better than ts with my present experience.

Ankit Jain said:
I have Videocon in my home nd ts in my shop which is electronics shop. The sharpness of tatasky is good when you view in small tv's upto 32" but the pq starts to look dull in bigger ones. Actually only the sharpness of tatasky makes anyone feel that pq is good but it is not so. Videocon has better contrast in my view. I'm not defaming ts but this is my observation only. Aq I dint feel much difference in stereo. About dd I can't sat coz I have a normal home theatre at my home. Also Videocon cc is far better than ts with my present experience.

you are saying all things opposite :dodgy

anishpai Bro Ask From Devesh Bro He Use Both :k

As TS uses picture smoothing techniques like deblocking, sharpness is very less. This can be a problem when the picture is stretched which happens when SD channels are viewed in big screen. You probably have to set the sharpness to maximum to see some shartpness in picture.

But because of this smoothing itself people perceive the picture quality of TS is superior. Because you're so concerned about PQ and HW quality better go with TS but after checking SD quality on a large screen.

I use d2h HD on a 42 inch LED and no regrets whatsoever.

Rushil.D said:
you are saying all things opposite :dodgy

Bro ts is being used in office for checking all tv sets. A normal led to a 3d tv of various sizes. But my observation was this only.
Ts had better sharpness and Videocon has better contrast. If we adjust the settings of ur tv then at one point we will find both as same. This I can guarantee you.

I have seen both Tata Sky and Videocon d2h. I really don't find much difference in PQ and AQ. But, Tata Sky ' s UI is better than d2h and the most important thing of Tata Sky is channel changing speed, which is faster compared to d2h.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock