Discussion Confusion clearing thread regarding TRAI rate changes effective 1st February

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is nothing will happen tomorrow. Cable and DTH operators do not like the new scheme so they will delay as much as possible and try to overturn this law. What is the penalty for not complying? What happens if none of the operators comply?
TRAI would ask the broadcasters to switch off signals to the DPO's, who aren't willing to sign the RIO's complaint with the New Tariff Order.

D2h and Dishtv all same no change may be both will go step by step in implementing same

Our doubts are slowly becoming reality. The base packs of some DTH companies declared so far clearly shows how blood-sucking these are. Out of 100 channels in D2H, 7 channels are pure online shopping channels. Why should we waste our NCF on such channels? Definitely, DTH companies will get paid from these channels and now they need our share too. In south package why they aren't including all south channels and then adding other language channels? If LCO / DTH is not allowing to choose channel individually what TRAI is going to do? Some LCO's is not allowing all combos from channels rather listing only selected combo. The only benefit which I see out of this so far is the fact that channel prices are capped to Rs 19 as the maximum price. Cable operators are now not happy with 130 + tax NCF. They need more now. How they were operating with 200 and 250 rupees monthly packs then? The reason is simple, they had huge margins from channels and they under-reported the count of connections to channel operators. This is going to end now. The most important need of the day is the option to choose a channel as we wish and create our pack. That's what the LCO/DTH don't want us to do. Rather they want to push a pack where they get maximum profit.

Our doubts are slowly becoming reality. The base packs of some DTH companies declared so far clearly shows how blood-sucking these are. Out of 100 channels in D2H, 7 channels are pure online shopping channels. Why should we waste our NCF on such channels? Definitely, DTH companies will get paid from these channels and now they need our share too. In south package why they aren't including all south channels and then adding other language channels? If LCO / DTH is not allowing to choose channel individually what TRAI is going to do? Some LCO's is not allowing all combos from channels rather listing only selected combo. The only benefit which I see out of this so far is the fact that channel prices are capped to Rs 19 as the maximum price. Cable operators are now not happy with 130 + tax NCF. They need more now. How they were operating with 200 and 250 rupees monthly packs then? The reason is simple, they had huge margins from channels and they under-reported the count of connections to channel operators. This is going to end now. The most important need of the day is the option to choose a channel as we wish and create our pack. That's what the LCO/DTH don't want us to do. Rather they want to push a pack where they get maximum profit.
Which DTH declared base packs?

It is the consumer who stands at the receiving end in the whole exercise.
Particularly viewers who watch multiple language channels like me will finally bear the brunt. Though I am from South, I watch Hindi and English Movie and news channels, Oriya news channels besides Telugu channels. In the present tariff regime, I have to cough up nearly Rs.700 to 800 pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock