Discussion Confusion clearing thread regarding TRAI rate changes effective 1st February

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes.. count will be - 1 HD = 2 SD channels
means

50 HD channels is equal to 100 SD channel count.
[/QUOTE
guys , why are so worrying about the channel count in fta pack. It dosn't matter whether you included 50 hd channels in fta pack. you have to give 153/- rs . anyway. So why are you missing your fta channels. or you think after adding your 50 hd channels , your nfc will be reduced. do you think so??

What I meant to say is the cricket showing channel prices won't go below ₹19
Star Sports First DSport and Sony ESPN also shows cricket but they are very cheap so your statement is incorrect .

Star Sports First DSport and Sony ESPN also shows cricket but they are very cheap so your statement is incorrect .
Well at least not India cricket (don't tell me ss 1st as it airs domestic India cricket, not international India cricket)

Well at least not India cricket (don't tell me ss 1st as it airs domestic India cricket, not international India cricket)
DSport telecast Nidhas Trophy featuring India Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.

Some people r unnecessarily afraid or spreading falsehood that TRAI Tariff Order will make TV viewing costlier. Infact when subscriber will have power to chose in true sense then broadcasters will have to rationalise pricing & focus on improving their content library in order to get more people hooked to them.

Up until now broadcasters used to get thousands of crores in advance payment from operators for long term deals, they had a bit laid back approach towards caring about getting wider reach. Broadcasters used to launch unnecessary channels, insert them in popular bouquet and make operators pay for it or face blackout. In return operators were a step ahead, they showed power of its subscribe base, get massive discounts and finally we were made to pay more thru inflated packages.

Handing over this option directly to us rules out all foul play, in each genre/ for every single day/ for each subscriber broadcasters will face stiff competition and ultimately malpractices will fade away

Good !!
Now can you Please bother to share comparison table where Old Pack and same number of Channel in new framework are compared and proved that new regime is good for us ?
Just prove that Maxi Sports @ ₹297+tax with 293 Channels is costlier than today's rate set by TRAI (Don't say it has unwanted channels, It's consumers right to decide which is wanted or unwanted)

They know people are crazy about cricket and most will pay even high price specially when there is big series or ICC event, I was paying INR450 per month (Pakistani rate Rs.1100 incl dealer commission) just for cricket and football, however now my bill is cut to half because I only watch sports HD channels due to TRAI rules so I dont think they will lower their price in sports category.

Is Republic the only private English Indian news channel which is offering FTA?

Top 4 English news channels Repoublic is free,Times now is Rs3,India Today news is Rs 1 and CNN news 18 is 50 paise and NDTV is Rs 3 so all are cheap only

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock