Connect DTH STB & DVD Player wirelessly to TV

tech_genie

Reaction score
IOGear Wireless 3D HDTV Kit

I love my TV, my home theatre and my DTH box. But I hate wires. And that’s why I love this kit. It lets me watch movies and TV shows without having to look at a mass of wires.

The wireless kit can integrate any electronic device that has an HDMI port and an infrared (IR) remote control. The kit comes with a wireless receiver and a base unit that has two HDMI inputs and an HDMI ‘out’. The box also has two IR blasters, HDMI cables and an IR remote control. You can play around with these to create a solution that suits your needs.

10040.gadgets-iogear.jpg

Here’s what to do if wire clutter is your primary irritant in life. Just hide the DVD player and DTH box somewhere. Now hook up the base unit with your media player and DTH receiver. The IR blasters—LEDs that emulate remote control—have to be stuck in front of the IR sensor of the two boxes. Now simply connect the wireless receiver (which also transmits the signals from your IOGear remote control to the IR blasters) to your TV with the HDMI cable. And there you have it, television without a bundle of wires.

Alternately, you can protect your home theatre and CD changer from dust by keeping them in a dust-proof case. The IOGear receiver, TV screen and speakers can then be placed in well ventilated rooms or even in a balcony. As long as the IOGear remote control can see the receiver, you can safely watch movies or listen to music without exposing your precious media players to the elements. The wireless link is robust enough to let you watch data-heavy 3D content too.

There is much more you can do with this wireless kit, as long as the receiver is never more than 30 metres away from the base unit.

You can also connect the HDMI ‘out’ of the base unit to a TV monitor, and connect the IOGear receiver to another, and get DTH programmes on both TVs—however, both TVs will show the same programme.

While I love it, the device has a few irksome issues.

You cannot buy additional wireless receivers. And because the receivers need to stay plugged to a wall socket, moving it around the house is a bit of a bother. Also, signals between the wireless transmitter and receiver can sometimes break up. And, yes, I feel it is priced rather too high.

But if you value freedom from wires, maybe you’ll find it worth the money.

Source: IOGear Wireless 3D HDTV Kit | OPEN Magazine

Dish tv service very bad and no giving her custmer care response very dirty sirvice not purchase any person trust me

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock