Seeking Help connecting 2.1 soundbar to TS HD STB

kalyan05

Reaction score
I have a TS HD STB. I bought LG LAS355B soundbar which will be delivered in a couple of days. I was reading to understand what is the best place to get audio input. I have samsung LCD TV which can pass only LPCM (assuming 2.0) on optical out. The STB box can pass Dolby digital on optical out and as the soundbar support dolby I assume it will do the required down mixing to 2.1 from 5.1. Now the question is will there be any difference in taking stereo audio out from TV or dolby from STB as ultimately it has to be 2.0. (I think the soundbar gets the .1 from these as there is no separate cable for subwoofer).

Also are there any good wireless headsets that I can use with the TV that can give mono output (being deaf in one ear I need mono, that is the reason for not going for 5.1 actually as I believe I won't perceive any sound improvement)

Your sound bar support DD sound then you can connect STB to sound bar via optical

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock