D2H disallowing removal of 100 Basic Tier FTA Channels

• Thread starter Andy123
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 76
  • Views: Views 13,119
Hi

I am trying to "Create My Own Pack". I selected few SD & HD channels. My aim is to keep the total number of channels to 100.
I therefore tried to remove few useless channels from the 100 Basic Tier FTA Channels.
Now, according to the TRAI mandate, only the DD channels are mandatory which are like 22 in total.
But the ** is applied to all the 100 channels. Kindly see the attached image.
This makes it mandatory to add your selected channels over & above the 100 FTA. This is against TRAI rules.

Is anyone else facing this? This is not a software issue as the double-star (**) conditions apply suffix (Mandatory Channels)
has been added to all the 100 channels.

Screensihot

Thanks.
I just called D2h customer care and they informed me that all the 100 channels they locked in the website are mandatory ,

But according to TRAI only 24 DD channels are mandatory

I want to complain to TRAI about this issue on D2h ,Please comment the respective portal link to complain .
I have also faced same issue

Dish TV d2h both are very worst service provider. They even do not what they are doing. D2h service was good when they handle their service saprately but now you guys know very well, they are handling now by dish TV, so d2h customer need to compromise. But if you seriously worried about the services you can choose tata sky. As per new Trai rule all dth are offering same package price so batter to go with tata sky. Tatasky implemented Trai tarrif very late but they have good home work before but other are preparing it from one and above month but still not provide smooth package updation.

Hi

I am trying to "Create My Own Pack". I selected few SD & HD channels. My aim is to keep the total number of channels to 100.
I therefore tried to remove few useless channels from the 100 Basic Tier FTA Channels.
Now, according to the TRAI mandate, only the DD channels are mandatory which are like 22 in total.
But the ** is applied to all the 100 channels. Kindly see the attached image.
This makes it mandatory to add your selected channels over & above the 100 FTA. This is against TRAI rules.

Is anyone else facing this? This is not a software issue as the double-star (**) conditions apply suffix (Mandatory Channels)
has been added to all the 100 channels.

Screenshot

Thanks.
Yes, I had the same issue. I am on Dish TV D2H. I selected my own channels in BST before 31.1.2019, and added my own free/pay channels to keep the total channel count to 100. It came around RS.296 with taxes. But unfortunately, Dish TV has not validated this option and activated the channels of their own choice with the option to edit the BST done away with. Now it is showing Rs.341 pm. All Hindi GEC channels and Aajtak, Times Now, DD sports and some other channels are showing not subscribed. Unnecessary channels like Abzy com and some Christian Telugu channels are included which I do not want.
I feel the very purpose of TRAI's move to give freedom to customer to choose their own channels has been defeated. Dish TV violated TRAI's norms.

Last edited:
I mailed trai about this and also about lock in period of sports channels of 60 days. Request everyone to do the same

I applied for OTV Bouquet 1+SS 1 Hindi+All Other Odia Channels in A-La-Carte & See what package d2h showing

Not just D2h, Dish TV also playing same game with customers.
d2h is owned by dishtv.

And Dish TV is owned by Essel Group (Zee Media) whose boss Subhash Chandra admitted a few day ago after its shares tanked that it was a big mistake acquiring Videocon D2H & has cost him & his brother, who is the MD of Dish TV, a fortune. 🤦‍♂️

They show two menus after selection - "Your Selection" and "Best Value Combo". Which is the one getting billed in reality?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock