Digital Cable TV vs DTH

Which one is better and the future ??

• Digital Cable TV

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • DTH

Votes: 19 70.4%

• Total voters
DTH Taxes are very high.. If Govt. cut some taxes fee then Its very gud for DTH Viewers & DTH Industry..:tup

supermachi said:
in US digital cable most use not dth

Yup coz digital cable started long back in US so they had time to cover all geographies. As far as I kno Direc Tv is the only DTH provider. But they are strong with 3000+ channels, 200+ HD channels, 1 UHD channel , they have their own satellites and their subscriber base is 2 Crore in US only. Direct tv earns so much money that it can buy all 6 Pvt Indian DTH operators without any hitch.

Cable is giving good local channel. Everybody cant understand many lag. So they want there local channel. D2h have only 4 mp/cg channel

In a country like ours, I feel DTH and Digital cable TV are the only two options for the people.
As I stated in my previous posts, DTH will in the future have to buy more TP and satellites if they want to stay in the market as by 2016 we will have 700+ channels and 70+ HD channels and by 2020 we will have over 1000+ channels and 100+ HD channels and cant say UHD & 4K may be launched with 3D services.

Cable will survive as Bigger MSO will by out smaller cable operators or will have a joint venture and expand their network over geography by having many digital headends. And even by 2020 some experts in the cable TV industry say that cable bandwidth may expand above 1000 MHz.

So many channels and HD and 4K and UHD including 3D will be a hard job for DTH in the current scenario but if they can rent out 3-4 satellites then it may be viable. As far as Digital cable is concerned they wont be affected as they have a mega bandwidth of their own.

anishpai said:
In a country like ours, I feel DTH and Digital cable TV are the only two options for the people.
As I stated in my previous posts, DTH will in the future have to buy more TP and satellites if they want to stay in the market as by 2016 we will have 700+ channels and 70+ HD channels and by 2020 we will have over 1000+ channels and 100+ HD channels and cant say UHD & 4K may be launched with 3D services.

Cable will survive as Bigger MSO will by out smaller cable operators or will have a joint venture and expand their network over geography by having many digital headends. And even by 2020 some experts in the cable TV industry say that cable bandwidth may expand above 1000 MHz.

So many channels and HD and 4K and UHD including 3D will be a hard job for DTH in the current scenario but if they can rent out 3-4 satellites then it may be viable. As far as Digital cable is concerned they wont be affected as they have a mega bandwidth of their own.

DTH operators wont face space crunch once govt allows DTH companies to buy tp space themselves currently as per the rules they have to apply to ISRO for sourcing. Keeping a middleman specially a govt organization delays the process. Tata sky will probably buy out a satellite and others will follow suit. The problem for DTH will start once we enter deep into 8K category of channels. Thats like 15 years away and I guess IPTV will takeover then.

supermachi said:
scv provide tv5 monde at Rs.100 base pack but dth

As far as I know TV5 Monde is a free channel but Airtel is charging Rs 50 on alacarte and free on ultra pack and above, thats ok every operator has some differences. Very few people watch french channel so airtel is trying to get some money. Maybe tv5 is not paying carriage fees so airtel is trying to recover the cost.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock