Digital Cable TV vs DTH

Which one is better and the future ??

• Digital Cable TV

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • DTH

Votes: 19 70.4%

• Total voters
IPTV can be a reality if companies try very hard. BTW its fibre optic if I am not wrong just like digital cable, But whats the cable that comes in peoples houses, I guess its the current telephone cable....... the black 2 in 1 thin cable. How will that carry HD/4K/8K channels ???

I remember I saw IPTV by BSNL in Mumbai at one of my friends place. The signals come from the current telephone cable that is plugged into a DSL model, and from that a LAN cable is connected to a STB (Small Black one) which had av output. I saw the service and it was like analoge cable. The channels used to get constant NO SIGNAL and many were pixelating. No proper channels and that was in 2012 I remember and it had just 100 channels.

if the fate of IPTV which cant carry over 100 SD channels, when it has got so much bandwidth if it has in reality, then what will happen to IPTV in the future. It wont be able to carry HD, UHD, 4K or 8K channels.

anishpai said:
IPTV can be a reality if companies try very hard. BTW its fibre optic if I am not wrong just like digital cable, But whats the cable that comes in peoples houses, I guess its the current telephone cable....... the black 2 in 1 thin cable. How will that carry HD/4K/8K channels ???

I remember I saw IPTV by BSNL in Mumbai at one of my friends place. The signals come from the current telephone cable that is plugged into a DSL model, and from that a LAN cable is connected to a STB (Small Black one) which had av output. I saw the service and it was like analoge cable. The channels used to get constant NO SIGNAL and many were pixelating. No proper channels and that was in 2012 I remember and it had just 100 channels.

if the fate of IPTV which cant carry over 100 SD channels, when it has got so much bandwidth if it has in reality, then what will happen to IPTV in the future. It wont be able to carry HD, UHD, 4K or 8K channels.

I am talking about fibre optics not DSL. Fibre optics has almost unlimited bandwidth. When I was in Delhi 2011-12 we had Airtel IPTV. It had very good service at 2 Mbps connectivity which was minimum requirement. You can actually provide 4K channels with normal DSL telephone lines without any problems what so ever. 4K currently requires 25 Mbps. Netflix does it at 16 Mbps. For HD you need a 8 Mbps connectivity. Although it requires a throughput of 4 Mbps. By 2030 whole of India will have fibre optics and internet will become a commodity rather than a luxury. Plus there will be 5G connectivity whose theoritical speed is 1 Gbps, we can expect download speeds of at least 200 Mbps in real life situations. 8K currently works on connections with download speeds of 85 Mbps or higher. In top 10 cities of India we are already getting connections of 50 Mbps with download speeds at 35 Mbps. So iptv is the future.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock